Monday, June 2, 2008

Chunky Monkey anyone?


Due to the fact that there are 3 more lively and dramatic (well, technically only two when i put it that way:) people in the house, poor Brody hasn't gotten a whole lot of blog time, so i decided to give the little man his very own post tonight. 

Today was the Brod-Man's 2 month appointment, and I only have one thing to say..."holy chunky monkey batman!" Our little heavy weight weighed in at a whoppin' 14.1 pounds (up from 10.13 at his one month)!  He also grew another 2 whole inches, which makes 4 inches since birth.   I have to admit that i've never been a big fan of chubby babies...but now that i have one (funny how that happens huh) I'm completely sold; there's just that much more to love, squeeze and sink your kisses into. 

Also, i have to give Brody some major props; he is such a good baby. He is completely happy and content ALL the time. In fact yesterday was the first time i actually heard him "really" cry (i know you're rolling your eyes right now, but it's the truth...you're just jealous:) anyway, we feel really blessed to have such an amazing little guy in our home; I think God must have known that i would need an easy baby this time due to the maniac that Maddie turned  into.  

Oh, and before you're all thinking that I'm a horrible mother for taking a picture of my son getting a shot... you should know that it was the first of three, and i totally scooped him up immediately afterward to console him (mom put down the phone...CPS isn't even open this late!) 
 






10 comments:

Joe and Melody said...

What a cutie patootie! He is just a little (or big!) bundle of joy. You all are so cute!
P.S. Did you ever get my email?

Melanie said...

Holy Big Boy what are feeding him Milk Shakes? He is adorable, glad you are doing good.

Anonymous said...

Wow he is cute! Keep up the good work shauna.

noelle said...

i love chubby babies! i think chubby babies are happy babies. they're all full and content with life. sounds like he's a chill cat like your hubby! :)

btw, loving, LOVING, LOOOOOOVIIIIING that completed scene that mtv put out... another one to add to my favorites page! woo-hoo! i love you!

Tanner and Andrea said...

I can't even look at the pictures of him laying on the table getting shots... I just want to hold him so bad- and then I think to myself that would be weird... me holding Justin- and then I realize it is Brody.. Ah, I cant even look at him without thinking it, maybe because I feel like he is giving me that same weird look that Justin always gives me. lol He really is a chunk... I hope my baby is a chunk... I think he might be- haha- My belly is ONLY getting BIGGER- Im not even kidding... MY dr. estimated at 6-7 pds... Im thinking more like 9-10 PDS.- and that makes me really scared. haha. ALSO. one more thing- I think the weight is coming off of Brent and onto Brody- haha.... Brent is lookin' dang SKINNy.. not even kidding.. I can REALLY tell in the one pic. Love, me

Unknown said...

So it all comes out that you didn't like chubby babies before. You must not of liked any of my babies then! J/K!! I would rather have a chubby baby cuz little ones make me nervous--but they are always still cute! Well your pics are adorable! Your family looks so good!

Justin and Michelle said...

Okay, I need to get an adult-sized contraption of whatever Brody is laying in while he was in the bath tub! I LOVE it!

Coty said...

LOL shauna, he is such a fatso (j/k) if it makes you feel better rhoane had his one month appt. a week ago and he weighed in at 10.14 and growing. oh, and sam and leif were both dang near 14 lbs at their one month appts; brody ain't got nothin on them ;)
Oh and I love to make strawberry jam...right before jared and I got married I made like twenty five jars of it and we still had some like two years later lol...you could say I uh, got a little carried away ;)

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh I just want to die he is so cute! I could just pinch his little cheekers off! hehe, Brody is going to out weigh Bryce soon! Love you give maddie a big hug for me! Danielle

Becca said...

I can't believe you took pictures of him getting shots! I'm glad he's a good baby.