Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jammin' baby...Jammin'!



I grew up eating homemade jams (thanks grandma), and have always wished that I could make them myself.   Well, today was the day... Maddie and I went to work and made 10 cans of amazing (if  I do say so myself) Strawberry jam with berries picked from Grandpa Fishel's garden.  I seriously feel so Martha Stewart right now I can hardly even contain myself. 

As you can see from the pics, I had plenty of quality help...Brody however did slack off occasionally, at which time Maddie would promptly tell him, "Brody if you don't help, you can't have any...right mama?" 

"that's right my little slave driver, that's right."  



7 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

That looks yummy! My grandma always made great jam too! Too bad I never learned! Your kids looks so cute, as always, and I really hope to meet Brody soon.
Love ya!

Justin and Michelle said...

Shauna, we're expecting our jar of jam in the mail any day now..Wait...Debbie is comin out here soon. :) xoxo

Melanie said...

Good work girl. Homemade jam is the best I just did strawberry and Peach and I have to say the Peach is the best. Can I borrow your slave driver sometime.

Summer said...

wow, ten bottles is a lot to store...we can help take some of it off your hands :-)

Coty said...

i love the witty somg choice ;)

Coty said...

Somg??? never heard of that? oh wait SONG...yeah, yeah, that's it!

noelle said...

dude. SERIOUSLY??!!!??? when did you get so domestic! so um, how far away are you from me right now at this very moment. i am typing this from bethlehem, pa. i'm also driving down to richmond, va, this weekend to visit some family. will i be close to you at all???