Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Dad's I Love

 The favorite time of day at our house is when daddy gets home. Seeing the anticipation and delight in Maddie's eyes when she sees her daddy  pull in the driveway fills me with a sense of comfort and happiness that I can't explain. Each time i watch him rock Maddie to sleep at night, or change (yet another) poopy diaper, i feel grateful to my Heavenly Father to be blessed with a husband who loves his children so much...Happy Father's day Brent...we love you. 


Ten random reasons I love my dad...  

1. He's the smartest man i know. he's like the discovery channel, history channel and HGTV all wrapped into one. 
2. He calls me a least two times every day
2. he still stocks the pantry with all our favorite foods just for when we come to visit. 
3. he can fix absolutely anything
4. He's Maddie's favorite person in the world.
5. I can fall asleep in the car while he's driving; he's the only person.
6. He treats my mom like a queen.
7. He once gave my sister's cat CPR (need i say more) 
8. He has supported and given me advice on every big decision I've made in my life
9. Every time he hangs up to the phone he says "I love you."
10. He still keeps the notes i wrote him in high-school hanging on the bathroom mirror.

You're awesome dad, there's just one thing left to say..."Thaaaaaat'sss  my dad." lol. i love you.


My father-in law is a good and humble man.  He's worked really hard in his life to provide for his family and is a great example of a good father. I'm thankful to him for raising Brent to be the man he is.  We love you Don.

5 comments:

Coty said...

look at that brentster...just gettin so skinny. dad's are just the best aren't they? how's WW going? lemme know!!!

Joe and Melody said...

Shauna - Your dad is the absolute best! I remember nothing but good things about ol' Dave. You're a lucky girl. Be sure to tell him I said Happy Belated Father's Day!

Tanner and Andrea said...

Okay- so that little thing about dad- Im just going to copy and past it into my blog. It is so true- he is the perfect dad! We are so lucky! Brent is getting dang skinny. - watch out OBX. Im totally in labor any minute. love me

Melanie said...

Sounds like you are surrounded with great fathers. Hope all is well call me when you can. Love ya

Coty said...

oh and also shauna, that fitness site totally has custom diets even for breestfeeding mama's cool huh?