Sunday, June 29, 2008

...where a kid can be a kid?

After a few boring days in the house I figured Maddie needed to get out and have a little fun, so i told her that we'd go to Chuck E Cheese for the morning. After which she responded, "you mean, where a kid can be a kid?"  
"yep that's the place," (and where a mom can nearly lose her mind!)

Anyway when we got inside there were like a million kids running around!  Come to find out... this entire preschool had all there little rugrats there for the entire morning. So if i don't get mother of the year for not turning around and walking out at this point, then I certainly should for waiting 5 minutes to ride each and every 30 second ride there (at least 10 times each!!!)  I mean seriously, the things mother's do.
On a side note, we're completely making progress in that Maddie will now touch Chuck E again. The first time she got up on the stage to dance with him, he totally did one of his wild mechanical arm movements and clocked her in the back of the head nearly knocking her from the stage. Ever since she's been "understandably" scared that Chuck E has it out for her. 




4 comments:

Melanie said...

I am cracking up. no wonder she is scared look at him I am scared of him and with a name like Chuck E do you blame her. You are a such a good mom. Owen doesnt even know who Chuck E is quite its our secret.
Love ya

Coty said...

Shauna, we just went to chuck-e-cheese too and are going again tonight...it's so much fun...for the kids ;) kinds defeats the family "home" evening idea but it works.

Kathy's Boys said...

Every little girl we see lately we think of Maddie. The personality at this age is my favorite age!! Especially when they are as cute as her, of course!! We are hangin in there, just trying to support Andrea and Tanner the best we know how. It is scary, emotional and highs and lows, but after our big fast yesterday, I personal have such a peace of mind that everything is going to work its self out and be fine. I keep praying that they will. He is just such a sweet little spirit! Brody is sooo cute! He looks like such a happy little guy. Can't wait to see you guys again. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog! Your expressions make me chuckle. Did you get an "A" in creative writing?
- Emily