This is my husband Brent. If i had to describe Brent in one word, i think it would be "cool", not like "cool dude," but more like "cool cat"...know what I'm saying. He's the type of guy that just goes with the flow and doesn't get too worked up over anything (basically for those of you that know ME well, just think of me...then imagine the exact opposite and you'll have Brent.) He's completely genuine; not into trends, fads, gossip or anything "too" superficial (which is why i have to watch TV alone at night when he goes to bed.) He's a great friend and just an all around nice guy.
He's also a bit of a techno geek. he likes gadgets and computers (only Macs) and gets very nervous when i touch his stuff. He also loves the Discovery channel and even TeVo's "How It's Made" (which is really just embarrassing.) He currently works in Chantilly, Va as a software developer/project coordinator for a homeland security contract.
As a husband I couldn't ask for anyone more amazing guy, he loves me and takes care of our fmaily in every way possible.
Okay, so you know your a total mom when you have nearly 12,000 pics on your computer and can barely even find a recent one of yourself where you're not either pregnant, or holding a child. AND if you're wondering why this one is just a big honking picture of my face, it's because I'm pregnant and had to crop it (to the point of practical distortion) so that you couldn't see that I was sitting on the exam table with a vaginal ultrasound instrument in the background. I mean seriously! anyway, this is me. I could go into great, truly interesting detail, but think I'll just stick to the facts. I'm a stay at home mom of two...and really do enjoy it (most days.) I continue to work a couple days a month at a local hospital on the behavioral unit doing social work. I used to pride myself on being "on the ball" and organized, but now I usually brush my teeth for the first time of the day at about 7:00pm (so there goes that.) I love to travel and have very little self control when it comes to food. yep..that about sums it up.
This is Maddie, our resident Diva. she loves dressing up, reading books, and making messes all over the house. her favorite phrases as of late, are: "No," "i don't want to," and "you're a meany." she'll be three on the 4th of July, and true to her birth date she's a complete firecracker. With her it's all or nothing; either she's loving you or hating you. I complain to Brent all the time about her sassiness and attitude but i secretly adore it.
On a more tender note, Maddie is my #1, i don't remember life before her, and can't imagine life without her. She lights up a room the moment she walks into it, and is so beautiful that I wonder how in the world we were lucky enough to get to raise such an amazing unique child.
This is Brody Slade, or the "Brod-Man" as we like to call him. Brody was born on March 28th, a week after my due date. I think Brody's temperament is going to be a lot like his dad's. So far he's a really chill baby, just completely happy and layed-back all the time. I should note that he's totally a TANK; he was 7 pounds when we left he hospital, and now at 6 weeks he's well over 12 pounds; Brent calls me "Milkshake Mama!" I jokingly told Brent today (as I put a size
18 months pair of capris on Maddie) that soon he and Maddie would be able to wear the same size pants. Brody's daily activites consist of: sleep, eat, burp, poop...repeat. He's a real blessing to our family; we're absolutely in love.
6 comments:
Ah, I miss the kids so much... Please come see me soon! Love ya
love your info on the family. You are so cute! I just
feel like you are part of my family too. We really got
lucky with the in-laws and their family. Hopefully
all me boys will be so blessed. Can't wait to see you.
Tell Maddie Hi, and Brent and Brody!
That was the cutiest blog in blog history I loved it. The pictures are adorable and yes you are nothing like Brent. Maddie is so cute and Brody is a stud, however the picture of you is cute also but you look WAY to happy to be sitting on the Exam table. I am so glad you are blogging, but it makes me miss you more than I did before. We need to plan a trip.
Love ya
you are so cute and i might say a great blogger! Brody is so cute I want to squeeze him! and maddie aww, the cutest girl around! love you and miss you!Danielle
Shauna, you are GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE that picture of you!! xoxo
love it! love it all! i'm so excited you've entered the blogging world! it just makes my heart happy! :) you're family is adorable! very blog-able. haha.
Post a Comment