Thursday, May 22, 2008

Back on track!



Hallelujah!  Well I'm glad to report that things are finally getting back to normal around here. When I came home from the hospital after having Brody (the vacation that that was) I seriously thought that life as i knew it was over! I don't think I expected that it would be such a   transition going from one to two. It honestly felt like everything I had worked hard for in my "career" as a mother had completely gone out the window; there was no routine, my two year old turned into a green-eyed monster (to put it mildly), the house was a mess, and worst of all my emotional state was what we'll refer to as shaky. By that i mean I seriously thought that i might be entering that dark place that no mother wants to go to (y'all know what I'm talking about). However... finally after two months of neurotically trying to regain control (and alot of prayer,) i can honestly say that it seems like things are pretty much back to normal; we're back into the routine, the house is clean (at least one day a week), Maddie's no longer watching "Cars" 4 times a day, and everyone is generally happy again. Oh and Maddie has even stopped asking when the baby is "going back in my belly." I think we're on the right track!  


Can't you just feel the love!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Shauna your kids are so dang cute and you are a wonderful Mother. Don't be so hard on yourself sho cares if the house isn't spotless you have Maddie to take care of that :) I am glad you are feeling better. Relax and loves those special babies of yours. You are blessed. Love ya lots

Unknown said...

Shauna--your posts are so funny! They make me laugh & smile--a lot of that is because I can relate. I remember the transition to two babies was difficult too--Baylee was real good though so I'm glad Maddie is getting better for you. Your two kids are so cute & I love looking at the pics since we don't get to see you that much! Thanks!

noelle said...

i'm definitely feelin' the love in the last pic! too cute! and it sounds like you guys had a completely normal transition... i remember having to nurse luke behind a locked bedroom door while bryson was screaming and convulsing on the other side, pounding and throwing all sorts of paraphernalia at the door... it was hard to "let down" in those dire circumstances... know what i mean? haha. ah, to be a mom.