For most of my life I've been the envy of my girlfriends for something that i couldn't understand...i don't like chocolate! there's been no temptation, and no inches gained as a result...until recently! Something horrible happened to me during this pregnancy that i just can't explain...i have developed a hard core, life altering addiction to all things sweet, including chocolate. So, as if i don't feel bad enough about my post pregnancy looking bod, i have to deal with the guilt each evening of knowing that i just downed about a million calories after making my nightly (i kid you not) run to dairy queen for a hot caramel sundae with brownies. I've been trying hard everyday to do without it, but the truth is, by 3:00pm my withdrawal symptoms are so unbearable, that i have the kids in timeout and am digging through the couch cushions like a ravenous beast for that M&M that I dropped down there a week ago...AAHHHH!!! anyway, I'm putting my foot down and putting it in writing, this is IT...no more sweets for this girl. I'll start tomorrow (c'mon i can't be expected to sit through "American Idol" tonight without eating at least some of that chocolate cake i made last night.lol)
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Fighting the addiction...
For most of my life I've been the envy of my girlfriends for something that i couldn't understand...i don't like chocolate! there's been no temptation, and no inches gained as a result...until recently! Something horrible happened to me during this pregnancy that i just can't explain...i have developed a hard core, life altering addiction to all things sweet, including chocolate. So, as if i don't feel bad enough about my post pregnancy looking bod, i have to deal with the guilt each evening of knowing that i just downed about a million calories after making my nightly (i kid you not) run to dairy queen for a hot caramel sundae with brownies. I've been trying hard everyday to do without it, but the truth is, by 3:00pm my withdrawal symptoms are so unbearable, that i have the kids in timeout and am digging through the couch cushions like a ravenous beast for that M&M that I dropped down there a week ago...AAHHHH!!! anyway, I'm putting my foot down and putting it in writing, this is IT...no more sweets for this girl. I'll start tomorrow (c'mon i can't be expected to sit through "American Idol" tonight without eating at least some of that chocolate cake i made last night.lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so excited to see you are finally blogging!! Now we
can see the kids and everything your doing (& eating!!)
The pictures you sent in an email are soooo cute of your kids and you look great, so don't think you don't!
The baby is a doll! I can't wait to meet him someday!
We have just got to get you guys out here sometime
soon. Love ya
That is so dang funny. Good luck with breaking that great addition. I love that you are blogging :)
Shauna, I've totally been like vegging out on your page today, new things keep popping up on it like every time i visit, so i waited to comment.
Anyway, glad to see you overcame your 'logical' procrastinating (lol) and joined us here in the 'blogging realm' it is addictive once you get the hang of it!!! kinda like chocolate ;)
I'm baaaaack! Just checking to see what's new.
It is fun to see you are loving this now. I just hate
when no one leaves me comments, don't you? Cause
you know they're looking!
Hi Shauna,
The latest picture on my blog is for you!! jk
We need to see more pics of Maddie and Brody on
your blog.
I wish I lived by you so I could come and hold your
baby while you blog!! Seriously, it would be so fun
if you lived here. You might as well, since 2 out of
your moms 3 kids are here! your comment was so
funny. Andrea told me you were addicted! You can
take that cartoon off my blog and put on yours if
you want. Love ya
Post a Comment