Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Here are some pics of Maddie's 3rd Birthday celebration!  We were suppose to have a poolside Luau, but due to the pouring and relentless rain it turned into a weird Hawaiian party in the basement of my parent's home. I was of course devastated, but Maddie didn't know the difference and had a wonderful time. As you can imagine she loved being the center of attention for the day, so much so, that she yelled and stomped in protest when we started to take down streamers late that night saying "hey, quit taking down my birthday party." She's truly an amazing little girl, just so full of life and energy. I watched her all evening; swimming in the rain, sneaking icing off cupcakes, laughing hysterically, dancing wildly in her grass skirt, and realized....  I'm simply the luckiest mom in the world. 












7 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

What a fun party and she looks like she loved it. I love seeing the pictures of her opening up her presents! We thought about her all that day! Tell her hi from Crew and all of us. Love ya.

Joe and Melody said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! That looks like the all-time coolest luau party I've ever seen. And I love Maddie's surprised expression w/every gift. How cute! And that blue icing on the face is priceless.

Coty said...

yay maddie!!! birthdays are so fun. Looks like it was a rockin' good time even without the pool :)
we are lucky moms huh?

Tanner and Andrea said...

Oh, the lovely basement... how could you be sad having it down there- you know the wood paneling walls are a beautiful backdrop for the pics. :) I can't believe I wasnt there- I WILL be there next year. pinky promise. Love YA.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday maddie!! I have been waiting for this post. Glad the day was good.
Love ya

Coty said...

okay i'm totally trying to think a head for halloween...much like me...you probably do not have a choice this year huh? lol DARN!!!

love ya
-Coty

noelle said...

even in your parents' basement, that luau party was a hundred times better than what i have ever done for my kids. but i refuse to feel bad about myself while looking at your pics!!! j/k. i really do feel bad about my mothering skills. what kind of mother forgets her children's birthdays? you're an awesome mommy.