What's a girl to do? I've been looking for new bedding for the past couple years. I know...just buy some already right. Well, not so simple. I think I may be sort of a bedding diva. I like nice sheets, high thread count is a must. Also, even in the summer, I use a down comforter. I love the puffy look and feeling (and I maintain, "if you're too hot honey...then don't cover up." Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out.) I also love white linens. The posh hotel, spa sort of look. I'm strictly a crisp white duvet kinda girl, and have been saving for a million years for the Restoration Hardware Hotel Stitch line below (in brown stitch). However...BE STILL MY HEART!! I just got on their website last night and saw the.... VINTAGE WASHED BELGIAN LINEN collection. What to do, What to do. It's perfectly lovely and vintage-y in every way. Now I'm torn. Hotel stitch or vintage linens? Do I want posh hotel sleepy nights, or tuscan villa sleepy nights? Please feel free to weigh in.
I told brent that my present when we bought our new house (besides our new house:) would be new expensive beautiful bedding to me. But since it's looking more likely that Hell will freeze than that we'll ever sell our house...I think I'm ready to take the plunge.
On my computer I have 15 folders. One for every room of the house. When I'm surfing blogs or whatever I pull pics of rooms that I like. Of all 200 or so of the bedrooms I have in my "BR folder" these are a few my favs, showing both styles. Oh and also, do you ever find yourself floundering on what your "style" even is. sometimes I think I like one thing, only to be sure the next minute that I like another. It's like a bipolar decorating syndrome.
Been lovin' this dark grey for a while now. I heard today that grey is the new turquoise. Are they even comparable?
I know someone out there cares about this...right?








6 comments:
we're getting ready to redo (or really just DO) our bedroom and i've been looking at pictures of rooms all week. my eyes kind of hurt from staring at the computer. and every few minutes i find another room that i'm just SURE is my favorite one ever...so i'm not sure i have the whole concept ironed out in my head yet if i can be so fickle about what my must-haves are.
but in a word: yes. someone out there cares. and that someone is me!
Good luck I NEVER get the right stuff for a room. Personally though I am waiting for something nice until a-the kids are older and their dirty feet don't destroy my bed. b-I have a room big enough that I would want to even spend time in it c-I have no style who am I kidding?
But none the less I think I like the white look the most, crisp clean just nice.
I completely sympathize with your bipolar decorating syndrome. One minute I'm going for a clean country cottage vintage feel and am in love with all that is white. The next minute I'm picking up some bright red pillow with green,yellow,and neon blue trimmings that screams modern. I like everything! And so everything I will buy ... and just throw together. I've decided my style is eclectic. Probably a cop-out but who cares. The good thing about decorating your home is that it never ends. And the rearranging of furniture never ends. It keeps going ... and we must keep up!
DON'T EVEN think about gray walls- you know that is my color. You are going a little TOO traditional for me. i guess i'm way more eclectic than you. I would totally go with some Anthropologie or something more in the vintage/modern look... I thought we already talked about THIS!
Im the same way though- FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS... I haven't been able to decide on a paint color (I have even painted swatches on different areas of the room...), I have NO bedding- we are using separate blankets! And... Still- no curtains. I have a good reason though- I have 3 HUGE bay windows in my room- and have no idea what color, or style curtains i want- and those puppies are PRICEY!
I am sooo indecisive... It's mostly my fault.
ah, what a dilema. :)- but atleast im not alone... :)
Tuscan villa all the way baby!
You are too funny Shauna! I can't believe you have 15 folders by your computer:):) But I guess when you find what you want, you know what you want, and don't want to forget it:) Love the white in the first picture:) Very clean and crisp looking:)
I love your last few posts:) I love your story in the store when you went school shopping for Maddie:):) You write the most intriguing posts:) Talk to you soon!
Love ya, Jen
Post a Comment