These are the faces of "happy." If I could perfectly put "happy" on each of our faces...I think this is what it would look like.
We went camping for Labor day weekend on my grandparent's land. My dad prepped a beautiful new camping area for us, and we had one of the best times, as a family that I can remember. I just felt so full and content. You know that feeling? Between the beautiful weather, the amazing view, and being with the ones I love...life just seemed perfect for those couple days. I teared up on more than one occasion, just looking around peacefully at all I had to be thankful for.
Also, Brent's become somewhat obsessed with wilderness survival recently. And though I make fun of him regularly, I may have fallen in love with him a little more this weekend, watching his determination in trying out his various new skills, and seeing his boy like excitement.
Maddie is always the treasure finder. walking through the woods alone, finding things to hoard and create with; This I love about her. She's content just to be.
Brody is mostly just concerned with why there's no refrigerator, and where his next meal will be coming from. He was into a box or bag of food every time we turned around.
I, did what I do...cooked, cleaned, and stayed awake all night making sure everyone else was warm and sleeping soundly.
It was a good weekend.
The views of our campsite.
Maddie's job was to collect wood for the fire; she took it very seriously.
Brent chopping away at wood.
Grandma Debbie and Pappy Dave joined us for dinner and Family Home Evening. The kids are always so excited when they're around. It's great to have such fun parents.
We rode four-wheelers lots...
and Brent tried and tried to make a bow-fire...then picked his nose some...then tried again. he got lots of smoke but no fire. don't worry though he's not defeated, he's been at it in the basement since we got home. If you see flames coming from our house in the near future, you'll know it worked.
I made the yummiest tin-foil dinners...maybe in the whole world. I mean, they were GOOD!
The grape vines were full of Grapes. We ate till our bellies hurt.
Brent thinks it's funny to blow in my mouth sometimes. It's not.
Chilly morning
Brent made us some hot chocolate on his "super cat" stove, that he made out of my hairspray bottle. pretty impressive, no?
we also took the kids to a recreation park one evening. they loved it. I did too, until Brent flipped his canoe with all our electronics (including my camera) in his pocket. GRRRR.
















10 comments:
FUN! I enjoy your blog so much.
oh, i love it, love it. the pics, the commentary. all of it is so you. this is why i love you.
and why don't you look pregnant?!? i am a whale at 4 months. there is no justice in the world!!!
So fun! we ate tin foil dinners the other night...and we weren't even camping. i just really wanted one! so we cooked them in the oven. also i made brett make a fire in the backyard so i could make smores, which were delicious. i don't care for camping, but i love camping-related food i guess!
That last pic of Brody is adorable. He's getting so big ... and handsome. Must be all the food he's always munching on. (wink)
Ahhh how fun. Don't you love those family memories!! And you don't look like you've gained a pound yet. Have you been less sick this time than the first time?
Where is your parents property, in Bedford?? Just wondering because i would love to know where that recreation park is located, sounds like something fun for our family.
so cute! your mom is going to have a cow you put a picture of her on here lol..remember the talk she had with us when I was there? lol..she is so cute i just want to squeeze you all!
Shaun,
Oh, how fun! Just looking at all of the pictures makes me miss so much how we used to camp when we were kids:) We have to do that sometime together when we are there! I loved all of the pictures!! Miss you all so much!
Love ya, Jen
Danielle, It's sooo funny that you said that because before we even set up the camp...I said..ok everyone..NO PICTURES OF ME ON THE BLOG..AND I MEAN IT....Shauna did call and apologize all over herself saying she forgot to cut me out...YEA RIGHT!
That's so funny D that you know me that well!
so sad im not there for things like this... looks so fun.
great new camping spot too!
Post a Comment