Monday, August 23, 2010

Full circle



I still remember that book bag. I mean, who wouldn't? A backpack with a Cabbage patch head coming out of it? I'm surprised I'm not still have nightmares about that thing! Even Maddie ask if they "forgot to sew on the body?" ugh... no.


Well peeps, it was a tough morning, I'm not gonna lie. Sending off your first to kindergarten is a hard thing to do. I watched her eat her cereal, brush her teeth, and play with her toys this morning with a little more love. I thought about when she was born, and how we never could imagine how she would get any bigger than she was then. Time flies.


True to herself, she was excited and raring to go; all smiles and "no big deals". It made things alot easier knowing that she was ready. I held it together until I walked away, then...I couldn't stand it anymore...and cried like a baby the rest of the way home.


The day at home was nice actually. Peaceful. B walked around happy as a clam; wearing her princess heals, pushing her baby in the stroller and playing with all her favorite "untouchable" toys. I'm pretty sure that for now he's diggin' kindergarten.


Would you judge me if I said that in a moment of weakness I may have driven to the school and parked inconspicuously under a tree, across the street and watched her on the playground during recess? A mother can only be expected to deal with so much you know.


Brent came home early and we walked over together to get her. She was all smiles...chattering about her new friends, lunch, chocolate milk, art class, the swings, and the boy that her kept pulling her hair; which I assured her, was because he liked her the most. Life is good.




She got calls from all the grandparents, aunts and uncles...she felt very important.




Quick fashion show in the front yard

Maddie's teacher, Mrs. Barker, and her aide Mrs. Brown. doesn't Mrs. Barker look like a fairy God mother or something?




walking away..sniff sniff.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure B was devasted over the whole thing too. ya think?

9 comments:

Ah Loe said...

love your post, and no I wouldn't judge you for sneaking over, I probably would have done the same thing if I could of . . . and it is also okay if you soon secretly enjoy the peace and quiet, I know I did!

Joe and Melody said...

Love the old school picture of you beside Maddie's now picture!

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanner and Andrea said...

i cried while reading this... i had heard it all before- but i can't help it... it is sad to think she is growing up- and might not think i'm as cool someday soon... and well its sad b/c i'm pregnant... (i cried when a little boy hit a homerun in the little league world series the other day- i could only imagine how proud his parents were :)

The Cramer Crew said...

It was everything I expected to read ;) Im glad your enjoying your new found peace and quiet and that Maddie had a good first day :) My kids start on the 30th and I too will be sad to have Brinlee gone ALL day at school but will enjoy NO FIGHTING in my house and running errands with 1 kid! luv ya! xoxo

The Cramer Crew said...

p.s. you and Maddie look so much alike! And who could forget the cabbage patch craze....I never knew you had a back pack like that LOL

Jennie said...

OH, one kid at home is fabulous!!! You will love it! But be so excited when summer is here and you have your little girl home all summer, and then be ready for school to start again. And I had the same cabbage pack backpack! I think my mom even saved it. It's probably still at my house.

Summer said...

Dave walked in while I was reading your post and was in shock that Mrs. Barker is still teaching - she was HIS kindergarten teacher! Don't worry, he has only good memories of her ;-)

WRYE FAMILY said...

Wow! You and Maddie looked so cute for your first day of school. I thought it was Maddie at first with a retro school bag c: i am glad you survived Maddie's first day. I was thinking of you on Monday.