Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good book?

Hey everyone i'm looking for a good book (or two) to read at the beach  and was wondering if anyone's read anything good lately...if so let me know. i'm dying to get lost in one all night on the screened porch...ahhhhh. 

5 comments:

Coty said...

don't really know what type of books you are going for, but since noone else is chiming in...here are a few

1984 -George Orwell
Little Earthquakes -Jennifer Weiner
Sink Reflections (this is probably an at-homer) -Marla Cilley
The Secret Life of Bees -Sue Monk Kidd

Shauna said...

thanks...I haven't read Little earthquakes ...maybe i'll read some reviews on it. i'm not looking for anything too scary, too depressing, or anything science fiction!

Jennie said...

I loved the Glass Castle. And I'm starting These is My Words in a few days when my book arrives. I've heard great reviews on that one. I'm jealous of your beach trip. Have a blast. We are starting kindergarten tomorrow. No more up and traveling whenever I want now. I'm in mourning.

Joe and Melody said...

The Secret Life of Bees is wonderful. I second that suggestion. Right now I'm reading Eat Pray Love but I'm sure you've already read it. I'm really the latecomer on that one. Have a blast in the OBX!

Summer said...

I just finished Eat Pray Love and it was pretty good. I have The Secret Life of Bees also and can bring both with me if you want to borrow them. I think I'm going to go for John Grisham's 'The Broker'