Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Big Girl Bed

Well, after 4 nights i feel pretty safe posting that...Maddie finally got her very own big girl bed!!!!  I've held off  just in case we had another disaster. We tried a toddler bed about 6 months ago and she just would NOT stay in it. It was a nightmare (literally)...I would put her in it like 6 billion times initially, and then when she finally did fall aleep (which usually resorted to brent or I laying down with her an squishing our huge selves into a bed no bigger than a crib) she would  end up coming over to our room in the middle of night, and I would wake up to her standing over me, breathing in my face with her wild woman hair and stinky breath...it was like a scene strait out of the excorsist. anyway, I tried all the super nanny techniques, but being 7 months pregnant I just couldn't take and had to put her back in the crib.  well now that i'm semi-sane again i thought we'd try a big girl bed and...IT'S WORKING. She's staying in it and is doing great. Again, it was just another lesson to me that kids do things at their own pace, and when they're ready it all just works out. Everything that i've pushed has only ended up with Maddie being resistant and unhappy, and me feeling like i've set her up for failure, when she just wasn't ready to begin with. I'm proud of my little monkey so i wanted to post a couple pics of her showing off her new bed.




6 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

I am soo proud of you Maddie- You are such a little woman! I hate to see you grow up though- but the faster you grow up the sooner you will be able to get on the big airplane by yourself and come see Auntie.. :) love me

WRYE FAMILY said...

WOW! Good job Maddie! What a BIG GIRL.

Coty said...

what is it with 3 & 4 yr old "death breath" anyway?
i sware it's comparable to jared's morning breath.
mine? roses...

congrats maddie ;)

Melanie said...

I lov ethe bed it is darling. Maddie is such a big girl yeah!!!!

Jennie said...

How fun. Was she still in a crib before? Was she climbing out of it on her own? I love when they can get up on their own in the morning and I don't have to get them out of the crib.

The Cramer Crew said...

Her room is georgeous Shauna!! You have such a talent for decorating!!! Are you planning to come for the Hummelstown craft show? Im planning to come for the one down your way - hopefully see you soon! Love, Stac