Brent and I took the kids on there very fist camp out this weekend. My grandparents have a camping area on there land which is really nice, and my sweet parents added tons of cute touches to make us feel welcomed (seriously, have you ever seen such a cute camping area.) We camped with my mom and dad, and my sister-in-law's family. We absolutely had a blast... I had forgotten how much i enjoy camping. Of course it's a bit different these days from when Brent and used to go... now we sleep in different sleeping bags with kids stuffed under our arms AND we ended up taking like the entire house, and used practically nothing. Anyway, it was a great time; the boys shot clay birds while the women chatted around the fire and the kids played in the woods. I looked around several times thinking how thankful I am for beautiful place that I call home.
On Saturday my dad took us all boating at Raystown Lake. It was the nicest weather and just a perfect day. Maddie rode on the tube, fed fish, and even did some skinny dipping. I on the other hand did lots of relaxing. i wish that i could say the day ended well for brent, but he got motion sickness and ended up throwing up over all over the side of my dad's boat a few times...poor brent. (forgive all the pics, i just couldn't help myself)
11 comments:
That looks so fun! We love camping too & it's even more fun with kids. You look like you are enjoying the summer with your fam. Cute pics.
OK Shauna, there are so many pics I just loved. Debbie's nice touch...the flowers on the table and the Lanterns!! Love the pic of Dave and Brody and every pic of Maddie is adorable of course. I can't believe how many fish were there when she was feeding them! And Mabels poor hand..hope she is doing fine. And you and Brent are just the cutest couple (No pics of him decorating the side of Dave's boat???) It is just so pretty back there.
how fun. it looks beautiful and totally relaxing. i love the pics...bedhead and all LOL. i'm glad you enjoyed yourself but i am so the chick whose chillin' with the guys, shooting the clay pigeons all day. too fun.
gosh...seeing the hills in the background w/the hay and the road right in front of Jess's old house. Crazy! It takes me back...way back.
I miss home.- that is all i have to say.
Looks like so much fun. I cant believe Brodys chubby cheeks I want to squeeze them. Maddie is getting to old for her briches it feels like yesterday when Owen was pushing her to the moon in the baby swing :)Those fish were enough to make me barf please tell me you didnt swimm with them and the family signs for your campsite so adorable. What fun memories. call me soon
love ya
i love ALL the pics! i'm glad you posted all of those! beautiful. although seeing all those fish sort of creeps me out. blehhhh. you and your cute kiddos make up for it, however... ;)
(sigh) we use to have so much fun there as kids!!! I miss that!! I miss pappy :( I have to say your brave for taking the kids camping!! I'm not sure if I'd want to take that one on! I can only imaging everything you packed!!! The pictures were AWESOME! Holy Fish is all I have to say! The farm looks like a postcard! Miss you! Love, Stac
oh wait, i totally missed that this is your grandparents land the first time i read this (probably because with kids, i seriously have to skim everything i read)anyway, that makes it even COOLER, you can just go there all the time. fabulous.
Coty
Wow shauna that is a lot of fish!
I love camping, what a special event.
thanks for the compliments on the red/white striped dress. Target - $20. Check it out!
P.S. Have fun in the OBX!
Post a Comment