This day will forever be remembered as the day Maddie really lost it.
She was strong straight out of the gate...really she was. Posing hard, smiling big, having fun. It was lookin' like a good day. But after an hour or so of compliance (which is generally her limit)...she'd had it! Enough smiling, enough sitting close, enough "acting happy." She. had. had. it. She, was done! I've told you about my dear Maddie before, so I won't delve into the sweet and sour mystery that she is...we'll suffice to say that this girl has got a mind of her own and won't do ANYTHING she doesn't want to do. In the pictures below (which I kept taking, adding to her infuriation) she was explaining to me in a very heated, arm waving manner...that "this isn't a happy time and doesn't DESERVE a smile!" umm...what? what six year old says that? Anyhow, it was just following this that she became really angry with me and went to swat at the camera (like i was the the paparazzi or something) and accidentally stabbed me with a pencil, which I of course threw over the side of the mountain. You can only imagine the aftermath of that move. The carnage is shown in the following pictures. I should add, that the picture at the bottom, was the true breaking point. We put her and Brody in those blue hand carts to take a picture (that she of course didn't want to take) and it flipped over, sending her crashing to the ground. I gotta be honest, that when she started ripping off her coat (as documented) I actually felt a lot a little scared.
Ahhh, Maddie, I'm sure someday you're gonna be able to look back at this and laugh as hard as I am, but until then...I'll laugh enough for both of us. Cause really, the truth is "Miss Meltdown Maddie," I wouldn't have ya any other way.




4 comments:
Oh my goodness. Am I allowed to laugh?! Don't tell Maddie ... but I am dieing over here. Tears streaming down my face. To read your words about the jacket coming off ... and then to see the angry, blurred pictures ... CLASSIC. I can't wait to experience this same thing in a few years.
That is hilarious!!! Thank you for posting that. It made my day. I love when "real" kids are captures on film. And you can show her future husband what they are in for with their own children. Thank goodness for that spunk because heaven knows kids need it to survive these days.
I love this Shauna!We all have one of those. Believe me, I feel ya. But really all you can do is laugh and hope they grow out of these melt downs, which, they may not . . .
Poor Maddie.. But is very funny!!!!!
Post a Comment