Each fall we try to take some family photos. We go with Brent's sisters' family and swap the camera around until everyone is happy. Happy however, is not the exact word that I would use to describe this day. Ahhh....family photos. They look sort of perfect don't they? Everyone with their smiles and coordinating fall duds. What you can't see... is that it was cold and windy, Maddie had nearly 100 meltdowns, Brody had to be bribed with candy between every shot, and Marley just wanted to sleep through the whole thing, which normally would have been great...except that she actually had to be in the pictures...awake. Not to mention the fact that I was regularly threatening bodily harm to whomever wouldn't smile, which
hopefully explains the tired, disheveled and maniac-ish look on my face in every photo!
That said, this motley crew is mine, and it's not about what the pictures don't show... it's about what they do. Which is... this beautiful and amazing area that I call home, Maddie's absolute infectious energy and zest for life, Brody's beautiful and mischievous three-year old smile, and Marley's sweet easygoing personality...even through nap-time. Ya know, on second thought maybe the word happy is the exact word I'd use.
that's a wrap ya'll.











5 comments:
great pictures as always- you have such a beautiful family!
love seeing your gorgeous family and love that you chose harpers ferry for your fall family photo location - it fits the bill perfectly :)
Love, Love, Love! Their attitudes definately made for great pictures! What a beautiful family!
maddie is KILLING it. her outfit is the bizzomb. you guys are gorgessity all the way! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! xoxo.
One word! Amazing! I love all the pictures! Beautiful family as always:)
Post a Comment