Here are some random pics of our day.
To say that fighting/bickering between my kids has been a problem lately… would be an understatement. This hot hot hot summer (especially this month) has not been good for them. Bottled up energy, and a sick mother:) has made for very long rotten days inside.
Case in point.
Yesterday I took Maddie and Brody to a small boutique type store for some school clothes. I spent nearly a half an hour picking out clothes for M, while they played in the train table area (thank goodness for that). When it was time to try everything on, we proceeded, with much murmuring to the very small dressing room. Maddie brought a toy in from the train area. Some blocks that she had put together. Obviously since she was going to be trying to clothes she didn't need the toy though right? So I gave it to Brody who was standing there with nothing to do (probably contemplating his next meltdown).
Well somewhere between handing the toy to Brody and Maddie seeing it happen...ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. M started screaming at the top of her lungs in this crazy, psychotic, primal scream. The kind of scream you hear when someone is being stabbed I kid you not. You can imagine.
Next thing I know, she’s ripping the stack of blocks from B's hands, just as he's (of course) destroying the formation... and blocks fly everywhere. Sending both children into the kind of hysteria that only I can now understand. M, with pants off, is now kicking, screaming yelling, throwing blocks, and beating on the walls of the (thankfully enclosed) dressing room. As time went on the screaming got louder and louder until M finally turned and hit B with a block sending blood down the side of his lip. When I finally got my bearings, from the disbelief that I was reeling in, I grabbed Maddie by the arms to restrain her, when I accidently (a term I’ll use loosely) scratched her hand. Well, as you can only imagine...that was it. " YOU BROKE MY HAND" "YOU BROKE MY HAND!!!" she screamed over and over...each time louder and with more gusto than the last. I mean really people. Do these sorts of things happen to other mothers?
So...here we are in a store full of people. Dressing rooms right in the center, and M who has been wailing and throwing herself into the walls, is yelling that “I broke her hand”, and B that is still screaming at the top of his lungs, has a bloody mouth. Everyone in that store totally thought I was in there beating my children…and who wouldn’t of, lets be honest. What’s worse is... I couldn't even leave because Maddie was undressed. It was the worst day, bar none, of my experiences as a mother. We came home, despite our million errands...and… I cried.
I had a lot of things to do out and about today, but to be honest, after yesterday I thought none of them important enough to brave the world again with my two monsters. So we made the day a craft day, and made flip-phones. Why? I don't know? We had to fill the day with something right. Why not flip-phones. Well, craft time turned to picture time...Brody wanted to take pictures of me, then Maddie wanted to take pictures of Brody, and then they started fighting over the camera (as usual)... what's funny is...you can see in the last one of them together, Maddie is pressing a fingernail into his head... you can almost see it about to happen...only she proceeded to press harder after the picture. Which ended craft time.
The last pictures are of Maddie's classroom and school. Orientation and meet the teacher time was tonight. Maddie did great of course. I did all right until the end and then ended up crying in the middle of the computer lab (which Brent of course documented and labeled "#1"). Can it really be time for kindergarten...AND…with the aforementioned experiences, why can't, and shouldn't I be excited.
But no, I'm not. These little heathens are mine; their passionate little hearts pump my blood too. I love them.
Ps...Maddie turned to me 5 minutes into the orientation and said "mom, I just really miss Brody okay." go figure.
9 comments:
that is hilarious..Bryce pulls the "you broke my arm card too"lol..drama king! they are so cute..I miss them brody is the cutest ever.
Whoah ... lots of emotions running wild in this post. First I'm laughing by the drama. Then my nerves totally get shot imagining myself in that same situation one day. Now I'm crying looking at the picture of you tearing up. Weirdly enough, it looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to be a mom one day!
you little hussy... that is my cardigan... and i have been looking for that! send it!
it's like a recap! but with more detail. bless your heart. i do think you'll see the turn around you've been waiting for...that, or you'll meet a whole new green-eyed monster...the tired "Oscar, the After School Grouch"...bane of my mothering existance i tell you!
here's to reaching another motherhood milestone, as heartbreaking as it is.
over and out
I am so happy to hear that other people have days like mine! I agree it has been a long summer, because of the heat, and my kids fight like no other. I have realized now what we did to our mom when we were younger. But then we have those days that make everything so worth it. And Kindergarten . . . I bawled the whole day the day before Tavita went. It was hard, but it got easier :) Good luck!
Sometimes I think I could home school then I have a day like you had and think *@$% NO!
Shauna...I was reading your post and feeling sorry for you UNTIL I read your sister's comment! You stole her sweater? Ummmmmm... I see the apples do not fall far from the tree! M and B getting along? They do have a chance! Now mail that back to Andrea!
Post a Comment