Somewhere between jobs, kids, finances, the daily routine, and life... love gets the raw end of the deal. I'd like to lie and tell you that Brent and I walk around the house blowing kisses and making googly eyes at each other all day long, but that's far from the case. In fact, most days we pass each other in the halls as I bath kids and he cleans up dinner, without so much as even a conversation before 8:00pm. sad but true.
This weekend meant a lot to me. I dreamed of long conversations, holding hands, and kissing in the dark. It was all of that and more. Thank you room No. 143 for helping me remember how good and sweet it really is.
The resort was really amazing. The decor was out of this world. Just what I like and exactly the way I would have done it. It was perfect.
We took about 500 pictures of the bathroom. Mine will be modeled after it someday;)
we roasted s'mores out here at night with all the drunk rich people, it was really quite interesting.
ALL of the pictures of us together were taken by the camera timer...so in all the pictures Brent is running to get into the frame. this time he almost fell in the water.
we ate here in the evening. we didn't understand the menu and ended up getting what boiled down to french fries cooked in duck fat. disgusting. the moral of the story is...if you ever run across pomme frites on a menu...steer clear.
the ambiance was great though.
9 comments:
Holy moly! That place looks AMAZING! So happy for you two ... rekindling that flame. P.S. Your boots look awesome!
I'm so glad you guys had such a good time. Can I just say that I could totally live happily in that bathroom for the rest of my life. What an awesome place.
You guys are so stinkin cute I can hardly stand it:):) Miss you guys so much! Your weekend looked AMAZING! And the Resort looked out of this world beautiful! Love you all!:)
Jen
WOW! That place is awesome! I'm glad you got a re-charge. I noticed you wearing your new boots too!
loving the boots...actually, the whole ensemble!
oo-la! that place looks tiiiizzzight! nice, brent. way to go! and of course, shaun, you are freakin' fabulous as usual. xoxo.
my favorite picture is the one of brent almost falling in the water- i can totally picture it all happening and i can even hear the "ct" laugh right after. :) it looks like a designers heaven. i'm using those pics to design by house too... you know, the one i get in 20 years. :) i am so jealous... tanner and i should stay there when we come home and you can babysit. :) deal? love you love me
So are you thinking of names for that 3rd child you are having (...after a weekend like that!!) It looks like somewhere I will have to bring Brad someday!! We really want to come back there again sometime. And
Cory has never been, so we might come and go to a Ravens game and get some of those Apple Dumplings I've been dreaming about for 2 years. You guys really do look great. Love you all.
you too are so cute and Kissing in the Dark wow that is risky business :)
luv ya
Post a Comment