I'm a house girl.
I love houses... every single thing about them. When I had kids and stopped working outside the home, my house became my haven. My refuge from the world. a place all my own, where my family could be happy and safe.
I spend 98% of my "internet time," looking at other peoples homes. ones that are for sale, decorating styles, new ideas, DIY projects, you name it...I know it. In fact, I can currently tell you every house that's for sale in the tri-state region, how much land it has, and what the price is (sad huh).
Truth is...I love my house. It's in a great location and is darling inside, BUT the space issue has gotten the best of me. I try to deal and be happy, but by august each year, I'm tired of everything about it; even shopping for it seems cumbersome and pointless.
Then comes October and something magical happens. I fall in love with my small house all over again. The cozy little rooms, crackling fire, the warm colored brick in the front, the pumpkins everywhere. It's everything I love. So until January I'm peaceful again, with my cozy...little...nest.
6 comments:
you are so good with holiday decorations! love the bats on the window and the trick or treat sign - super cute. enjoy that cozy cottage of yours - sometimes you never know what you've got 'til its gone ;-) good thing you're ahead of the game.
p.s. - can you come decorate our porch too?! i can pay you in food :-)
oh, babe. you have such a good thing there. green grass, trees, and fresh air. there's no car-filled streets just outside or slabs and slabs of concrete or layers and layers of smog and pollution. you are living an idyllic life. i promise.
so... we're headed to pa in one month. bethlehem, pa, to be exact for two weeks. how far away exactly are you??? how can i see you and and your babes???? can we meet somewhere? what can we do! face to face hugs are long overdue. internet high fives are not the same... :(
the bats, the BATS! country living rocks doesn't it? i loved that idea this year!!!
we are doing our bats coming out of the fireplace upstairs this year -so cool (we're limited to using the downstairs fireplace only, selling purposes).
your house looks oh-so-cozy...nothing is better than loving the place ya call "home".
Did I see your scarecrow in there somewhere? :) JK. So I started using your happy home thing with the kids--just reminding them every morning, and adding it to family prayer, or when someone is freaking out. Then the other night, I was about to have my it's-6:15-where-the-heck-is-Joel-the-kids-are-driving-me-crazy-I've-lost-the-will-to-live meltdown, and Dallin looks at me and says, "Hey mom, happy home!" It was hilarious, and because you know how much Dallin talks, you can truly appreciate this magical little family moment. Anyway, just had to share. The house look great!
You have such a darling house. Everytime we visit, I look around and think...WOW! What would it be like to live in such an adorable little cottage. Having a small house with two kids is so hard. It takes me about half a day just to get all toys and books stuffed back into closets and my house looking half way decent.
Your fall decorations are all so cute! Everything you do is always darling.
-emily
Want to come and decorate my house? I am not good at it and don't really enjoy it either. You and I are total opposites. I would much rather be out exploring some park or new museum with my kids than be at home. I can't even handle a whole day at home without going bonkers.
Post a Comment