Whoa I kinda fell off the bogging radar there for a while, but it's not cause life has been boring "round here" that's for sure! As most of you know Brent hurt his back a couple weeks ago (the weekend of the "projects"). We found out that he had a badly herniated disk that was causing a great deal of nerve pain in his leg. Yesterday morning he had surgery. The doctor was pleased with the way things went and said that he was glad that he operated when he did. He said that "he took a piece of disk out of Brent's spinal cord, about the size of a thumb!" Even he seemed impressed at the herniation, and said that Brent "was probably in a good deal of pain these past couple weeks." He also noted that operating was definitely the only option, as this kind of damage would have never healed on it's own and could have been even more threatening if not treated. He thought that Brent's leg pain and numbness should be pretty much gone now and that most of the pain he will feel from here on out will be due to the actual surgery/incision site, and from the manipulation of the muscles during surgery. Brent was in good deal of pain after surgery but fortunately for modern medicine (which never ceases to amaze me) he was feeling "pretty good" when we left the hospital and is currently feeling comfortable and resting. Brent and I wanted to thank you for all your thoughts and prayers on our behalf, we feel tremendously blessed for all those that love and support us, and especially for those that have really helped us out these past couple days in taking care of the kids and running them from here to there. We're extremely grateful; thank you.
afterward...
8 comments:
Ahhh ... Brent! Give him my best. I hope everything is starting to get back to normal. Poor guy.
wow bud - I hope your back is going to feel a lot better. Did you ever try the special trick to taught me. Love ya bud and get better so we can have some fun when we come out in 2 months.
Poor dude. What a trooper!
Hope life gets back to normal sooner rather than later...
He didn't say anything embarrassing did he? When jared had his eye operated on...he left nothing unspoken (it was all the drugs)...including insulting the doctor that just operated on him. sigh.
Get better soon!
ohhhh... poor brent! awful. he deserves lots of wifely kisses and hugs. :)
p.s. that panty-hose pic was hot.
WooWoo--nice legs Brent! :) J/K
I'm glad he's home, and I'm glad you both survived. You've had a rough go of things lately! Hopefully you have a quiet weekend planned. Go to your happy place and relax! TTYL
Shauna,
you are to cute with your pictures:) I love the pantyhose one! We hope Brent will have quick recovery! Glad that everything went well, and they were able to help him. We will keep you guys in our prayers:) Love you all!
Jen
Tell Brent we feel bad for him. Brad's mom just went through the same thing, but she had 3 herniated disks and had the wrong diagnosis and layed in pain for 4 weeks until a new dr. said she needed surgery. So we feel for you Brent. Wish I could be there to help you with your kids. Get better soon. (I'm sure your porch needs to get finished!) jk
I hope he recovers good. I have a picture of stewart in his panty hose when he had his knee surgery as well it is so funny. He had to wear his for a week he thought it was real cool to go through walmart with his hose on one leg and shorts on while driving the wheel chair with Owen on the back talk about walmart white trash. So how are those projects coming. Hope he is doing good.
Love ya
Post a Comment