Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Preschool graduate


To say that Maddie has a "mind all her own" may just be the understatement of the century. I used to literally lie awake at night thinking about how she'd be at preschool; having to listen to someone else, be in a structured environment, being told what to do. If I'm being honest, I had my doubts...BUT... I was wrong, and I'm here to testify that after 9 months (and approx 72 timeouts;) my little princess is now a preschool graduate.


These are pics taken on the first and last day of school. Isn't it amazing how much they grow and change in such a short time?!?



Lots of family came out to support her for the big day. Thanks everyone!



All beat-downs aside...this little guy is Maddie's biggest fan.


These are Maddie's amazing teachers; affectionately known as Ms. Barb and Ms. Ma-wissa. God bless their souls.

The lovely cake they made...that Maddie is still talking about.


Maddie's class (minus one). I'm guessing it's no coincidence that Maddie is seated on the end and near the quietest boy in the class; hey whatever works.

This graduation may have just been the cutest thing I've ever seen. The kids were so cute and hilarious. Thank you to Maddie's teachers for making this event so special for them AND us.

Maddie's friends. Maddie really loved going to preschool. It was only 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours but she loved every minute of it and was always excited to go. At the end of the program they held up a picture representing what their favorite thing was about preschool, Maddie's was "her friends." She talked about them all year long.


This is Maddie's boyfriend Nicolas. when he ask her to be his girlfriend, she told him that she'd have to go home and ask her mom "what that was." (After almost choking on my cereal) I ask her why she liked Nicolas especially, and she immediately said, "because he's really funny and he's a genius." Well there you have it, that's all a girl really needs isn't it?



Maddie + preschool graduation = 2 VERY proud parents.

We love you.

5 comments:

Joel and Chelsey said...

Very cute! You are putting me to shame--I am about five posts behind at this point. Is there such a thing as "power blogging?" Lauren loved seeing this post. She already misses Maddie and the rest of the preschool gang. We'll have to get something together for the summer.

Coty said...

That is so stinking cute. Gosh, it feels like a century ago when Leif and Sam graduated from preschool.
I've got enrollment tonight...pre-K and Kindergarten-ahhhhh!!!
They're like practically grown-ups! ;)

love the pics!

Coty said...

although preschool pre-K and kindergarten all all pretty much the same dang thing...STILL!!!

noelle said...

i don't even know where to begin, shaun. but first let me comment on maddie's HAIR!!!! gorgeous, gorgeous. i'm seething with jealousy - the color, the style, the length. she's got it goin' on.

also, all your witty banter on describing preschool graduation. you keep it real. and you keep it really funny. this is why i come here.

lastly, you look sooooooo beautiful. as usual. oh, i miss you. it doesn't seem right we should be this old and 10 years later. a little heart to heart. i really love ya.

Joe and Melody said...

Way to go Maddie!! What an adorable post and an adorable little graduation ceremony. Love it.

P.S. I'll keep you updated on the wedding! (wink) Right now I'm just basking in the glory of it all. lol. Well...and I mean, I've basically already got the church and reception hall booked. Just waiting on the paperwork to go through. Holla!