I've always wanted my own garden. I have these "self sufficient" dreams of being able to stroll lazily out to my yard (in my apron of course) and pick enough vegetables to make dinners for a whole summer. Dreams I said. Anyway, I'm not exactly "in the know" about gardening, in fact when planting my buckets, I said to my dad, " so I'll be seeing vegtables in like 2 weeks huh? Umm...more like 2 months shaun!" Right, that's what I said...duh.
We have a big enough yard here for a real garden, but didn't want to dig it up for when we try to sell. Sooo...I'm trying "container gardening" ...or what we here in Weppa Ginny like to call "bucket gardening." Isn't it the tidiest little garden you've ever seen. Well, scoff now, but in a couple months I'm gonna be supplying the ingredients for my salads (for the whole
summer. lol)!
9 comments:
you know, of course, that i am impressed. i love you and all your little projects. you're so motivated. *applause*
You go girl, I love how you thought you would have fresh veggies in 2 weeks :) but very impressive indeed.
love ya
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a "bucket garden" before--even here in WV that is a first! :) I am jealous though--you're stuff already looks better than mine. Ok, so I was right there with you yesterday. Something about knowing it's only going to last an hour made it DRAG on! It was the longest Sacrament meeting of my life. But the nap after made it totally worth it! :)
Craft-Y! I totally love your imagination. Your garden looks great and I hope you have fresh veggies ALL summer long!
Shaun, that is so awesome! Your plants look so great and healthy already:) You and the kids look soooooo adorable in your Mother's day picture. Your husband just knows the perfect things to say. It was a total heart melting post about you:) You are an awesome woman shaun, and a great catch:)
Love ya, Jen
P.S. You guys should come up to the house this summer!!! we would love that!
I'm so glad you decided to do the garden thing anyway!
I'll be seeing my tomatoes in about two months as well...that is, if i don't kill them before that.
We've got three tomato plants, and will go for the BIG garden next year (not pregnant, boys in school...ahh, the life ;)
love it!
Could you come to my Relief Society Enrichment and give us a demonstration on Bucket Gardening!! Do you think we could get anything to grow in Vegas?
it's a nice thought- and yes i have went there... but growing anything in Vegas does not work. just one more reason ;) love me
you're awesome! what more can i say except that we'll be more than happy to take some surplus veggies off your hands when they're ready ;-)
Post a Comment