Today is Mother’s day – a day we are to celebrate our mothers and all that they do for us. While it is great to set aside one whole day a year, I am thankful each and every day for the mother of my children. Shauna really is one in a million. I never thought I would find someone who compliments me so well; someone who keeps me grounded and makes me want to be the best that I can be; someone who puts our children first in all she does to make sure they are brought up in a gospel-centered home. I think our mailman was spot on when, seeing Shauna (the day before my surgery) in the yard mowing and getting taken for a ride by the weed wacker, asked if she cooked too. To this he replied “A good-lookin’, cookin’, lawn mowin’ weed wackin’ woman – your husband sure is lucky!” I couldn’t agree with him more! I count my blessings each and every day that Shauna decided to look my way. HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY SHAUN – Love ya Babe!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
One in a Million
As a young missionary serving in the island nation of Vanuatu, we had an ongoing joke of missionary work and our future spouse. We would joke that the more we would tract in the rain and provide physical service for the natives there, the better looking and more celestial our wives would be. My mission was very physically demanding. It was not out of the ordinary for us to hike three hours, over an active volcano and through the jungle (barefoot) to help someone out in their garden. During the wet season, we would be soaked from the time we left our grass hut in the morning until we returned that evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Brent. We missed you guys on Thursday. I'm so sad we won't see you before we move! one and a half weeks and counting. You are an awesome mom Shauna. I complain every time I have to mow the lawn and decided that doctors can't mow lawns so we will have to hire someone.
amen, amen, amen, AMEN!!! yay, brent! so sweet. i love my shauna-girl. shining star.
Oh gosh. That was the sweetest thing!
Happy Mother's Day Deary!!!
You are looking fabulous!
Oh my goodness. That was so sweet. I'm totally tearing up. Happy MDAY, Shauna!
Brent that was a very sweet post and I agree you have one great woman.
ok. so i threatened tanner if he didn't post about me on mothers day it was not going to be pretty- well i guess since we were out of town it was an acception- so- that was very nice of you brent- she must have done the same to you- and i have to agree- she is pretty great. but kinda upset, no wife #2 post???
Post a Comment