I've been in the mood to accessorize the house lately... which is a good. For the longest time I didn't want to buy, or do anything to the house. I was depressed when we took our house of the market, and resolved that "I wouldn't put one more penny into a house that we were likely going to lose money on". So for a while I didn't, but the truth is... when I'm not homemaking, decorating, deal seeking, and scavenging for antiques... I'm just not me.
I don't think it was a coincidence either that I had this sudden mood swing right around prime flea market season:)
I was able to go to two great antique shows these past couple weeks. One in Bedford Pa, and one in Lucketts Va. Most of my pictures are from the Lucketts show. I went by myself (how's that for completely obsessed.) Lucketts is my favorite show of the year. It has a lot of the trendy hip antiques and furniture that you see in magazines, and great ideas for decorating. It's funny but I actually found myself stressed out there this year... it was seriously "dog eat dog," if you wanted something, you had to buy it like instantly or some other crazy chic snatched it up before you could turn around. I didn't buy much, but did get a few things I've been looking for. Anyway, here are some pics of the day and of some of things I've been picking up at yard sales lately. I haven't decorated with them yet, but will post some pics when i do. Also, I'm proud to announce that the "screened porch" will get it's reveal post later this week...aren't you just peeing your pants?
I loved this idea for a desk...two saw-horses and a table topper. i've seen reproductions of it in magazines and at P.Barn...but this I loved. You'll be seeing it soon in my house i promise.
this was my buy of the day. I love old shelves, and fell in love with this one immediately. it is pretty pink with all the original paint. won't it look dashing with some white ironstone pitchers atop.
picked up this old silverware tray and am using it as a craft container on the porch. loved the white detail. $9.00.
wire baskets seem to be the hot item right now in decorating. i loved this old locker basket for towels, or crafts. i got ripped off at $25.00 but had to have it.
bought this little cabinet for $8.00. it's horribly refinished, but for 8 bucks i didn't care. i plan to repaint it a bright color and use it on the screened porch.
purchased these knobs separately for $7.00. not usually my thing, but i really loved the black and white.
this is the find of the century apparently. i picked this up at a yard sale last weekend (it has three more chairs and a side stand that aren't pictured) for 20 bucks!!! i saw four of the exact same set this weekend at the antique show, not below $195.00 ...score!
I plan to paint it black and make cushions for it.
crock for flowers $5.00. french linen table runner which I've been looking for everywhere...found it in a hole-in-the-wall shop for $7.00.
my mom went to the Country Living show last weekend in Ohio, and graciously gave this sweet basket to me (after I practically kicked and screamed for it:) love ya mom
dough bowl $20.00
enamel tray... yard sale .50
old crate...loved the blue color; using it as an end table on the porch. $5.00.

6 comments:
I don't even know where you could shop for stuff like that in Vegas. It's all cute though and you are so good putting it all together. Can't wait to see the porch...Bus driver, move that bus!!
OOOHHH!!! I am so sad I missed it! Like I told you yesterday, I would have much rather been with you, or anywhere else really! :)
You'll have to fill me in on EVERYTHING! When is the next one and where else do you like to go? I didn't get the full story yesterday in all my post I'm-speaking-no-I'm-not frenzy. Give me the scoop!
Rock it out, honey! You definitely scooped up some deals, for sure. Love your taste. And more importantly, love your shopping/scavenging skills.
P.S. Can't wait for the reveal of the porch!
It all looks smashing. You must know I'm drooling over the little side table!
Good job, Love!
you rock!
Shauna, you are so amazing!!:) I love looking at your good buys:) I can't wait for Bedford days in October! I love all that you got, and I totally love the two table saw stools with the table topper!!! Love ya, Jen
Post a Comment