Friday, March 13, 2009
One down...
Here are the pics that I promised of the finished, hung silhouette's. I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I originally wanted them to look more vintage, with fabric and oval frames, but the look just wasn't right for the room. So...we decided to use sqaure "floating" frames for a more contemporary look, and paired them with an oval border to create the vintage look I was going for. Together...I love em'. One spring project down, 1000 more to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
They go great with the theme you already had going on the opposite wall (family wall).
Looks smashing!!!
They look great! So I've been checking out the lettered cottage, and I am seriously tempted to rip off all my cabinet doors and paint them black! I love what she did to that kitchen! Sadly, our house is up for sale, which means all projects are on hold for us. But thanks for introducing me to such a great site!
LOVE! so cute! your house is darling. i just wanna curl up on your sofa there with a big bowl of rocky road ice cream or something. and that lamp in the right corner... i have one almost exactly like it from target. is yours? i miss target. i miss you. :( we will make our way over to you someday soon. it's a crying shame i have yet to meet your spunky little babes. we must remedy that!! xoxo.
Shauna, the whole room looks wonderful. Those silhouettes....wow! You must teach me how to do that! (And you certainly make Nie proud. I had no idea you read her journal, too. You're the Martinsburg version of her. Yay you!)
love it... i cant wait to copy it. :) only 2 more days!! yah.
Love the way these came out! Very classic.
P.S. Got your comment on my blog about the picture frame. I'm sorry to say that I (or should I say we...Joe's the carpenter) did not make that one. I actually found it in an antique shop. It was retail $100 but marked down to $10 since the glass was missing. Heck of a deal! But you could probably totally make it. It doesn't look hard.
have i told you yet that your comments are my FAVORITE comments on my blog? it's true. no one makes me smile like you do.
so as for brent's services. YES! i am absolutely interested... i will wait as long as it takes. i'm sure i've only seen just a smidgen of his work, but i'm already a believer. email me and tell me what he needs from me... love you.
I love them Shauna. We need to get together with you guys before we go. Less than seven weeks before the big move!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone.
Post a Comment