If I were a person with a little less sense I'd have a house full of white slipcovered furniture. I was seriously in love with them before Rachel Ashwell even existed:) I mean is there anything more calming, versatile, feminine, and beautiful in this whole world than a house full of beautifully tailored white slipcovers? However... as I said, I'm not delusional, and at present not rich either (as they can be quite pricey to have made)... with kids they would just be too difficult. I've read the 10 billion testimonials that say, "oh you just throw them in with some bleach and they're good as new." Well whoever wrote that statement clearly hasn't witnessed Maddie's capacity for destruction with a sippy cup full of chocolate milk. So while I'm not having everything covered in white in this lifetime, I did run across a little somthin' today on Craigslist, that I couldn't pass up. I'm in love...in fact I've spent half the night just sitting and staring at it...imagining all the perfect spring pillows i'll be making to put on it.
I've included some of my favorite covered chairs so you can get the idea. Mine is the last two pics. With some new foam for the seat cushion... she'll be good to go. ahhhh, 70 bucks...I love a good deal.







6 comments:
What a great find! I have to say though when I first saw the pictures, I was gearing up to drive over and smack you in the forehead. Or else cry, because I am the only one with crazy kids that destroy my efforts at style. But it seems we are in the same boat. The chair will look great though. Are you keep it white, or recovering it?
Oh, and I forgot to tell you--I have a new love of my own. I just got my new Dyson--seriously shocking how much dirt it is sucking out of my floors. Apparently I am a slob. I'll have to tell you about the awesome deal I found online. TTYL
oh oh, i want to hear about the awesome dyson online deal too!
shauna - so our brown leather couch doesn't work too well with our current decor on the main floor and i've been toying with the idea of a white slipcover. you post has given me food for thought.
great seeing you the other night. chats with you are always so fun. hey, shoot me an e-mail with your snail mail addy, will ya?
You bought that chair on CL , ok how much , lucky girl. I love it .
ok first off... i want the DYSON deal TOO!
2nd- the chair- it's a keeper... just as long as it doesn't stink like old lady pee. :) i totally think it looks great in the corner. our CL is a crap hole.. all this stupid deserty stuff.
I was first thinking that you had last your mind white with kids not so much I will however agree that it looked very inviting to sit in that room and pretend I didnt have a care in the world. good buy on the chair
Love ya
P.S. you have to get on my blog and see what denise the menace did last week
Post a Comment