This year we got an extra special treat...TWO nights of Halloween!! The city had a rival football game on Halloween night, so they moved trick-or treat to Thursday night instead of Friday in the city limits...but the outlying areas kept Friday so...walla, twice the fun! On Thursday we stayed home and handed out candy; we absolutely love doing this. In fact i think i'll cry when maddie acutally wants to start getting candy instead of giving it. Trick-or treat night was complete pandemonium. We live on the big "trick-or treat street," and had nearly 500 trick-or treaters if you can believe that; sixty plus dollars worth of candy was gone in a little over an hour; there was a line up our walk to our porch the whole night. Seriously though, I just love Halloween...it so brings out the kid in me. Maddie got upset multiple times because I was "gettin' to hand out all the candy." I just couldn't help myself though...it was so much fun. Brent and I dressed up as "Jack the Pumpkin King" and "Sally Rag doll" from "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Night two was spent at Brent's sister home for her annual Halloween party and trick-or treating. She did an amazing job with all the food and treats. All and all it was a great Halloween season I tell ya, the kids had a ton of parties and events and definitely got there money's worth outta those costumes. Until next year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok your kids look adorable, you and Brent on the other hand SCARE me glad you had a good time. Love ya
you and brent. cracking me up. maddie's the queen bee. gorgeous gal that she is. and brody is HUGE! is he like the smiliest baby or what? btw, i was laughing so hard at the comment you left on my tantrum-throwing post. ah, shaun. no one makes me smile like you do. sometimes i wish we were roommates again, so you could do all the fun mom things for me like you do for maddie. my kids got the shaft when they picked my uterus.
That is crazy! I can't believe you had that many people come to your house! WOW! There was a guy in our ward that had the exact same costume as Brent. Oh--my kids get way scared of the 'scary' costumes, they won't go near anyone who wears a real scary one. Kids are funny! Cool pics!
You all looked great. I am glad you guys had such a great time. Brent told us that you spent between $50 and $60 on candy. He about went crazy on the cost of candy. I love that you wrote that you spent $60 plus. We always tell our husbands what they want tp hear. HEE HEE. I loved you hair yesterday. It is so funny how nice everyone looks at church with an extra hour to get ready. ;)
Oh my goodness, you guys look GREAT! And I can't believe all of those trick-o-treaters! Wow!
P.S. Debbie looks amazing as Cinderella. And I love that picture of Brody and G-Funk!
Love all the pics. Brody seriously looks like he wants to dive into that candy!!! fun stuff.
Post a Comment