So... here's my professional review, (and don't worry I won't ruin it for anyone). What I loved about the movie was seeing characters that I love come to life. It wouldn't have mattered to me if the movie was horrible; it was really fun to see the characters and scenes that I imagined and played through in my mind on the big screen. HOWEVER, having said that, I was pretty disappointed overall. The cinematography just wasn't very good; the visual and special effects were low budget looking, the script and acting was kinda corny most of the time, AND there wasn't near the seriousness in the movie that you felt reading the books. Come to think of it though , I guess you can't get too serious with 300 screaming girls sitting all around you, giggling and clapping at every other scene. Brent and I got there an hour and a half early and still didn't get great seats. Having said all that....we did have a great time and I'll definitely see it again (probably over and over), just seeing it all come to life was worth it. Plus, there were definitely scenes that WERE really well done and captured the essence of the books. Well there you have it...for whatever it's worth.
PS. I should mention that Brent was one of like 5 guys in the whole theater; He was down for all of it until they started chanting "Team Edward."
Also, sorry there aren't any pics of me kissing Edward on the movie poster, we couldn't leave our seats (I know you're bummed;)
8 comments:
I hear you!!! I thought the same things about the movie. Dave liked it, but he did not read the book. He was one of three guys today. There was only about 40-50 people in Hagerstown that went to see it this morning at 11. I was suprised. They had two theatres to play at 11. So they closed one theatre and all those people came into our theatre.
Also thought Rob did a great job playing Edward.
Okay I am off to see it tonight so I didnt read your pist on it I will read it and see if I agree afterwards. So Brent went with you? What a good sport I am going with a bunch of girls from my ward.
Love ya
Wow I just haven't gotten into this but maybe I should be, with all of this hype about it I am actually curious now. :)
Okay I just got home, I agree that is looked like a low budget movie and to be completly honest I thought it was retarded. Edward wasnt even attractive. Sorry to all you twi-tards I thought it was a waste of money, and if I was stephanie I would have been disapointed as well. Sorry girl, but on a brighter note I had a night out with girls and no kids.
Love ya and miss ya
i loved it! but it took three showings to get me there. that's how much of a loser i am. third time was the charm, though - and you gotta watch it without screaming teenagers. serious mood busters.
i really thought rob pattinson and kristen stewart did a great job playing their roles. it's such cheesy, melodramatic stuff that when you put it on screen it's like made ten times worse. but they made me believe they were edward and bella, so i give 'em props. i could never say those lines without busting up. they obviously worked hard in their roles. here's to hoping for a bigger budget for new moon... yeesh.
We are going tonight for date night. Dave has been more excited than me. He read all the books last Jan with me in Seattle, so the mood was there, gloomy and dark and cold.
I am impatiently waiting for an update on your ever so exciting life.
Love ya
i'm with your friend, melanie. where are you???
Post a Comment