Last night we made caramel apples and carved pumpkins. Fun stuff I tell ya. I look forward to carving pumpkins every year; Brent and I duke it out from opposite sides of the table, looking all serious and what not, but let's be honest...it's never really much of a competition. Maddie painted a pumpkin and then ended up playin' in the "pumpkin guts" the rest of the night (which is evidenced in every room of the house.) As for the apples...I really did have high hopes; dreamed of oooeeeyyy goooeeyy toppings galore, faces smeared in marshmallow, chocolate and sugar, Maddie sneaking licks and giggling...BUT, toward the end of the night it became a self project (as those types of things usually do) and I pooped out, settling for just white chocolate (which didn't turn out) and ButterFinger ...ummm ummm good. oh well, i guess those dreamy moments in our heads (that are seldom based in reality at all) are what keep us doing all those crazy things we moms do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ooo..ooo..let me guess! I love guessing games. I'm going to say that yours (Shauna) is the smaller one w/raised eyebrows and the cutest crooked smile. And Brent's is the big one w/the sort of bubbly facial features. Am I right?
Holy cow those are some creative pumpkins! They look so cool! Chaden's the creative one here--I hate carving pumpkins, I do the easiest face possible so I can be done. The apples look yummy! It is a long process for sure. Have a great Halloween!
You even have the music to go with your costumes. How fun. I am totally jealous of your Halloween traditions. We just like to act like little and big monsters. ;)
well that is not hard to figure out.. I LOVE carving pumpkins... maybe I will do that tonight- I mean, isnt it too late..? I so wish I was there- I bet you guys are going to have so much fun tonight. I LOVE Halloween, it is a great time to just be FUN- I wish people did Halloween out here like back home- it just isnt the same. I guess we will just have to start coming back for Halloween! Love and Miss you guys soo much- Take lots of pics tonight.
So cute. This is what we plan on doing tonight...i'm forgoing the elaborate dinner and popping nuggets in the oven so we will have plenty of carving/painting time!!! love the pumpkins. I so hear you on the self project...only, today the boys and i dipped bannanas in chocolate and made monsters out of them...they did great but i'm still cleaning up chocolate, what gives ;)
Happy Halloween!!!
The pumpkins are awesome! Looks like a lot of fun:) Happy Halloween! Love you all, Jen
Cute pumkins, I can just see you two being all serious:) looks like some fun times. Were are the kids costumes? love ya
Post a Comment