Well, I had high hopes, but after seeing Maddie's face as I picked her up I knew something was wrong. She had that look like, "get me outta here." after putting her in the car, I turned to her teacher and ask "how was Maddie's first day," to which she responded, "Maddie's a bit of a free spirit isn't she?"
"Great...free spirit, that can't be good in this context." anyway, on the way home Maddie proceeded to tell me that she and another girl got time out for talking. "talking! phhheewww, that's it! i was just happy she didn't bloody someone's nose or set the place on fire."
Anyway, she loves it, and every day (all 3 of them) has been better. She got in the car today with the total look of satisfaction, telling me "mom, i didn't even get time out today." shooting for the stars here I tell ya. In all seriousness though, i'm totally proud of maddie, this is her first time in a structured learning envirnoment and I couldn't be happier with how she's doing; her enthusiasm and love of life is just priceless. We love our little Maddie... (most of all because she IS a free spirit;)
gotta love the 5-inch thick plastic princesses...
8 comments:
If your free spirtit and my free spirit ever meet up the world is in for a rude awakening I tell you they would be hell on wheels together. For some reason the same things that make me crazy about Ethan are the same things I love about him how can that be? I am so glad she is loving school.
Love ya
YEAH MADDIE! Wow preschool that is so exciting. We are proud of you.
that's so hilarious. what a gem. born to shine. i love her! free spirits all the way!!!
guys, i work at a pt clinic in springville and i just realized that i drive past your old apartment all the time. sometimes i ride my bike past it, and it smells really bad. hope you missed out on that.
Shauan,
Oh my gosh, your pictures from vacation were so awesome!! YOu are all so photogenic! You have such a beautiful family! It looks like you had such a great time! We miss you all so much! Maddie looks absolutely adorable for her first day of preschool. I am glad that she likes it, and that you are all doing well. We hope to see you soon! Love Jen
How flipping adorable! Maddie is definitely her mother's daughter. Ya'll are so cute!
hey, i'm stopping by to say that i miss you out here in cyberspace! it's been a while... :(
OK- SO... I have been waiting all day for my Birthday TRIBUTE!- That is totally not even fair that Justin got one and not me. :( Dont worry it isnt too late- our birthday is still going on. LOVE ME!!!
Post a Comment