I honestly have no words to describe this vacation; it was everything I thought it would be and more. I still cry at least 2 minutes every day thinking about all the happy memories we made (and if course that we had to come back to reality.) Ocracoke was the perfect place to get lost for the week...the days were spent "lazin' it up" on the beach, and the evenings biking around in the ocean breeze looking at sunsets. We had a blast. We couldn't have ask for better weather but in the end the threat of Hanna brought us home a couple days early. We still got an amazing week in, but i kicked and screamed the whole way home (literally)! anyway here's a recap...
you can't even imagine how much stuff we had packed in/on top of our car...we only got like 14 mile to the gallon the whole trip.
maddie all "techno-ed out," also the only quiet 10 minutes of the whole trip
On the ferry to Ocracoke in our PJ's
our mode of transportation around the island was biking...which totally made the trip
we were totally putting Brody's life on the line by letting him back there alone with maddie...in fact if you blow up the pic you'll notice that she's elbowing him in the gut.
FYI: Ocracoke lighthouse is the second oldest operating lighthouse in the country
B-man didn't like the water on his feet apparently...i don't know who's making the uglier face though.
craft time
we ate all our meals on the screened porch, a total must have for my next house.
this pic pretty much represents Brody's week...happy and in the carseat.
some much needed "daddy time"
the T-shirt says it all!
10 comments:
mmm reminiscing...the sunsets were breathtaking huh, i just can't let it go yet. jared and are already chomping at the bits for next years trip.
shauna, i love your freckles and b-man is getting huge!
Brentster must have dropped a pretty penny on that dandy-o camera -what an amazing photographer.
Princess maddie sure looks to be on cloud nine ;)
i'm glad you guys had such a good time. keep in touch.
Looovvveee iiitttt!! Hey, how do you post so many pictures at once? When I do a post it only lets me do like 4 at a time???? Love,Stac
Oh my goodness...ya'll looked like you had a blast! Good for you. And Brent's professional photog pics are AMAZING!
I'm so sorry you had to leave early because of Hanna. It really wasn't that bad in Wilmington. We got a little rain and tons of wind but nothing too major.
And like I said before...if you're missing the NC beaches and want to supplement your Ocracoke adventures with a Wilmington trip, you've always got a place to stay w/us.
So glad ya'll had a blast!
That looks amazing the kids are so dang cute. and you are lookin good girl
Love ya
WOW! I am so jealous. Who took your family pictures they are beautiful.
oh, gorgeous, gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!! great photography, some of those of maddie were just beautiful and you look awesome! love it.
Wow, Looks like a fun trip. We love the Outer banks.
I serioulsy want to steal Maddie and call her my own... I do know how to get her- just kill you off.. it is tempting.. no not really. LOVE YOU TOO MUCH.
- kg
Adorable pictures! Sorry I stumbled across your blog cuz i am here in Martinsburg too! Cute family!
had to come back here and tell you thanks for that hilarious comment you left on my post about bruce. hahaha... bruce liked it, too... ;)
Post a Comment