Tuesday, October 26, 2010

my babes.

We went to Antietam battle field on Sunday and Brent took some pictures of the kids. We've been wanting to take some this fall while the leaves are changing and the weather's nice. It is so beautiful at the battlefield, I'm sad that we haven't visited more often.
Oh me, oh me...my kids are growing too fast. When I look at these pictures of them it's like I can't believe that they're that big; where has the time gone? It pains me to watch them grow and mature, yet it's so sweet too...seeing them turn into the little people they'll be. I've enjoyed being a mom so much this past year. I've always enjoyed it... it's come easy, and felt natural, but this year has been especially nice... I feel like we're in such a good groove right now. Things are relatively simple and life is good. Life as a mom is so interesting isn't it. In the very moments that you think you just can't take another minute, you also never ever want it to end. I love these guys.


4 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

when talking to grandma the other day, she asked if i had looked at your pictures you sent... she said, "some of them are so pretty- it almost makes ya' wanna cry.."
well- i couldn't agree more, because i totally just did.
i miss maddie and brody so much. they are beautiful inside and out. it is so sad to know that they are growing up and my family is not there to be apart of their lives. i imagine things- hoping someday we will be there for sleepovers, parades, birthday parties, and holidays together...
miss you guys.
love me

Brett and Amanda said...

These pictures are so great! and i'm totally loving brody's outfit. he's turning into such a little man!

Coty said...

oh my i just wrote you all about my babies growing and hadn't even seen this post yet!!! i HEAR you. it's so sad, really it is. A turns one this saturday...

i love these pics of your kiddos too. so sweet. and i can't believe your barely there preggo belly...six months? what?

WRYE FAMILY said...

Shauna,
Brent has out did himself again. You all look like great. Also I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed our "VT" appt. the other day. What a great excuse just to hang out. c: