Monday, June 28, 2010

Watch out Kindergarten here she comes!

I'm way behind here. Maddie graduated at the end of May from preschool. She completed two years, and loved every single minute of it. I've never known quite how to describe Maddie, or to articulate my feelings for her. Words come to mind, like beautiful, creative, fun, whimsical, daring, hot-tempered, sassy...yet it's so difficult for me to put together the sentences that would make her. I know every parent thinks their kids are special and great and the best...but she really is. She leaves me at a loss for words nearly 10 times a day. She's her... so perfectly her (and a little bit of me:). I wish I could bottle up this summer and cherish every minute of her sweet innocence over and over.

The other day she saw Toy Story 3 in the theater with her dad. Apparently there were some "daycare scenes." Later that day (while sitting on time-out) she very thoughtfully ask me "why she didn't get to go to daycare everyday like other kids." I proudly told her (smiling the whole time at my obvious sacrifice), "because mommy would miss you, and doesn't work so that she can be home with you and take care of you everyday," to which she responded, in her most soothing adult voice, "It's okay mom, I'd be fine, and I don't even think I'd miss you. You just need to let me grow-up."

And (tearfully) with that said.... kindergarten...here she comes!


C : "Maddie, does my breath stink."
M : "I don't know, let me smell it."
C : "Okay"
M: "Oh my gosh... yes!"

That's how the converstation looked to go from where I was sitting anyway:)

I love this face. Wonder what she was thinking about?
maddie's favorite thing about preschool was singing. "Milton the Mouse."

Maddie's teachers. Miss Tonya and Miss Me-wissa
that's my girl.

7 comments:

Airyele Rounds said...

soh how sweet..

Jennie said...

She is so ready for school! And i used to get the same comments from Nathan about daycare. It looked so fun with all the kids playing on that cool playground.

noelle said...

well of course all kids are special, but there are just some who were born to shine bright. maddie was born to shine bright. i also imagine she has stage presence... like her mama. beautiful girl.

Danielle said...

she is so cute...I can't believe she is going to be in Kindergarten..what a sweet little lady..

Melanie said...

she is so dang cute, really you just need to let her grow up already :)

Tanner and Andrea said...

she is so me- you know that right.
i am getting her the most perfect/appropriate thing for kindergarten... every girls needs them... wants them. i can't wait. she will love {them}.
ok.... well i love her. she will always be my favorite. vice versa... :)

Juli said...

This is very sweet!