A friend of mine and I were discussing what it's like returning home from a vacation. You put all your time and energy into planning this one huge event…and then, just like that, it’s over. I am now a woman without purpose...or at least not purpose that matters to me at the moment anyway. Brent’s being delicate with me…he knows me. The whole week I’m in a horrible, rotten mood.
There were sniffles as we left the island (as the kids said goodbye to everything but the dog lying in front of the general store...you know..."bye house we love you...bye beach we love you, by sand we'll miss you" and on and on and on), sniffles on the ferry with the wind in my hair and sun on my face for one last time, and sniffles again when I finished my vacation book on the way home. I always get sad when i finish my “vacation book,” knowing it'll be another year until I get to read in such a completely blissful state. I spent the whole ride home lobbying to visit again at the end of summer, or to buy a cottage there “as soon as we have the money.” There’s something about island life that appeals to me in the most desirable of ways. . The steady, quiet, simple rhythm of the people, their lives, the waves, the constant breeze, and the ever-changing shoreline. There is nothing more relaxing or rejuvenating. I love it; I long for it. This trip was amazing in every way. Long bike rides, sunny days at the beach, and lots and lots of ice cream and decedent food. Oh…and you know I got some pictures, about 3000 to be exact, here are a few…or 100…whatever.














































14 comments:
GREAT photos of a lovely family! And if you wanted to create an "island oasis" in your home, you SO could do that! You certainly have the decorating talent to do it! :) How did you get the photos-within-a-photo look? What program did you use? (Oh, and welcome home!)
It looks like you had a wonderful vacation! I know what you mean by "coming home" The pictures are wonderful, Brent has so much talent! By the way you look great!
ho.ly. cow. all i can say is wow. the pics are all GREAT and it just makes me even MORE excited for our trip to obx later this summer. we're going in august, which gives me the ENTIRE summer to build it up in my head haha
you look FAB and the kids are so dang cute!
AMAZING PICTURES AS ALWAYS!!!!! (Brent, you're amazing.) I love every single one of them!!!! You guys look GREAT!!!! Ahhh...the beach! I already can't wait until next year! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Brody & Maddie are getting so big!!! We miss those little stinkers! I can't believe Maddie is going to be -5- in a couple weeks!
it is all so beautiful. i kind of felt like i was building up for this vaca also- i was so into it because you were too... and i kind of feel that sadness also. but i am going to the beach in a few weeks so its not that bad :) lol.
brent... really- send them into a magazine. the bird says it all. the kids look awesome... i love the picture of maddie in the sunset.
shauna... really- you look awesome in that swimsuit... you are soo sending that to me for my vacation.
ok. love you guys...
i feel too overwhelmed to comment. amazing pics, gorgeous family, and dang it! you're so skinny and hot! it's bloody depressing me while i grow to roughly the size of a beached whale. suckage. but what a great vacation - you deserve it!!! love you so.
I am so jealous! We are not going to box this year because we are flying to Utah in July! My kids are torn and so am I. We may try to go in Aug when we could get a great deal! Love, love, love the pics! What a beautiful family you have!
Love the post. We leave on Sunday and I am so excited. Although in my fantasy, I look as good as you in my swim suit, and I'm not going crazy chasing my kids with 27 other people watching the chaos :)...I'm going to hang on to the dream a little longer. sigh.
LOVE THE POST!! So glad you guys had a fabulous time!
i love seeing your family pictures. I love your little fam of 4! And does Brent sell those pictures that look so awesome. You could get a gallery together of all that cool stuff!
just dreamy. plain and simple.
AWESOME pictures!!!! Everyone looks sooo cute. Shauna... you are looking soooo skinny!! I think Brent needs to teach me to use my camera now!!! Miss you guys!!!
Wow! Such great pictures! One of my summer books was Barefoot, I saw it in one of your pictures! Definitely a good beach book! The pictures were all amazing! You'll definitely have to share the photo program you use! I'm way behind on all this technology, it changes so quickly. Can't wait to see more posts!
LOVE these pics!! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment