Monday, February 2, 2009

The salad.


I'm a meat and potatoes girl... it's just the way it is. I've tried over the years to train my taste buds otherwise, but to no avail.  For some reason carbs just speak to me.... like a warm blanket, or conversation with a good friend... they comfort me. In fact, I've been single handedly known to demolish a homemade loaf of bread...in ONE sitting...and feel completely at peace with it. 

So here's the thing,  Brent and I are trying to lose some weight (why not just go and share the all  the embarrassing details of my life) and unfortunately my meat and potatoes just aren't doing the trick. I've fought and fought but realized that if I'm ever going to lose any weight,  Salads are the way to go.  

I should start by saying that I have a very long and fragmented relationship with salads that has always teetered between love (occasionally) and hate (mostly). Something in me just screams, "if I were meant to eat leafy grass, I would have four legs and live in a field somewhere." The love part comes in to play, only when I put so much on top my salad that it ends up having more calories than the Big Mac I should have ordered in the first place. However, in my plight to find a salad that I like... I came across this (pretty huh?) 



So, I've been eating this every day for the past two weeks  and surprisingly I'm still lovin' it. You should totally try it out. Pretty much makes eating healthy seem like a fairly reasonable option (kinda).

Spinach leaves
Quartered strawberries
Chicken 
Slithered almonds
Parmesan cheese 
Fat Free raspberry vinaigrette

7 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

yummy- i got all the stuff- but Im not starting till after Vday.. haha.
KG

Coty said...

Delicious.

ps... that what me that deleted that comment. i'll just shoot you a email.

smooches.

Joel and Chelsey said...

Welcome to the dark side! You'll have to let me know if this does the trick for you. I'm excited to try it myself. These days, I'm so far off the wagon--in fact I can't even see the wagon from where I am...sigh

noelle said...

oh, weight schmeight. you look gorgeous. but that salad... mmmm, looks delish. i also have a yummy red onion (but tastes like raspberry) vinagarette i should share with you. will email to you shortly...

Coty said...

gosh, that salad must good...
pretties please, you are killing me here.
and even if you post 'em...i get the inside scoop, all the gorgeous details...

The Cramer Crew said...

THAT LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!! I'M SO GONNA TRY IT!! I walked into Target last week and saw all the bikinis out for sale already- SCARRY!!! Needless to say I started hitting the dreaded treadmill this week in the hopes of loosing some weight before I have to slip into a bathing suit!! Yikes! Love ya! Love, Stac p.s. check out "melodys" blog on my website...she has some low calorie recipes to try that you might like.....

The Cramer Crew said...

I've never had slithered almonds before LOL LOL LOL do you mean slivered? xoxoxo!