Sunday, January 25, 2009

Addendum...

SO..... I found some great things this weekend. I happened to be walking by an old store that was going out of business and snatched up a couple cool pieces that they were using for displays. The first one is a huge kids table ($30.00).  I've been wanting a big activity table for the kids and this one is solid wood and will be perfect when finished. The second piece is an antique dresser ($20.00...seriously... i know!!) which I plan to paint and use as a buffet or entry way table; I loved the curves and chunkiness of it.  uuughhh...can't wait till winter is over to get started! 

after sanding, painting and being fit with a paper scroll, it will look something like the one below. 







3 comments:

Tanner and Andrea said...

That is just NO fair.. I hate going to all those fun places when Im back there b/c I cant get any of it back out here.. ugh. Anyway- I love love LOVE the kids table... I want IT! Call me on the house phone. love you- KG

noelle said...

i'm always in awe of your kind. you're creative, crafty and ecological. i wouldn't know where to begin to make stuff pretty...

Melanie said...

2 great finds. alittle paint and it will look like it came right out of the pottery barn magazine