I still remember what it felt like the day we bought our first home. The feeling of having something of our own, to fix up and do with what we pleased.. We had so many hopes and dreams for our little house on Tennessee Ave.
We only had Maddie at the time, the house was the perfect size.
We worked hard and had a great time fixing it up. Boy did we learn a lot making our house a home!
This was the kitchen and bathroom when we moved in. Brent and my dad redid them completely. I still have trouble believing we bought a house that needed such big changes.
I took the bottom picture this morning; our empty family room. Today we turn our little home over to it's new renter. Even though I cried (kinda a lot...but i mean... you knew I would right?;) I realized this morning walking through my empty house, that without all the scavenged pieces, and people and love..it was just that...a house, no longer our home.
So, goodbye 203 Tennessee...
Goodbye my beloved porch swing that rocked all my babies to sleep...
Goodbye front door that kept us safe from the world. Front door where so many friends and family entered over the years, and where through so many memories were made. Front door to our sweet home...goodbye.
Now, in case you're crying along with me right now... don't feel too bad, we're getting along okay at the new place too;)








7 comments:
ah man, i was totally crying too.... i really hate goodbyes. i loved that little house- but its a little more reassuring that if you change your mind and decide you ever wanna go back- you can kick your renter out and move back right? ;) haha. love you... and love the choice you made with your new house. as we always say... and now it's somewhat true- you guys are living the "life of luxury" . love ya
p.s. and will your please hook a slide to your deck... that would be sooo awesome.
APPLAUSE! I LOVE the ending! The old house was/is so cute. I remember when I found out it was a 2 bedroom (and you had three kids) I felt hope. Our current home is a whopping 2 bedrooms as well and I always wondered how we could have more than one kid here. Now that you're in your new CASTLE I feel hope again. Joe & I maybe, just maybe, can move into something bigger and start expanding our family. Fingers crossed.
Somehow I think the cool refreshing waters of your backyard swimming pool will help dry your tears! Lol. Someday you'll be able to say...I can't believe we bought a ginormous house with forest green ceilings and faux rocks on the kitchen bulkheads. Ah, memories. Can't wait to see you rock the new house
Also, I forgot to say...you are so much hotter now, than when Maddie was a baby. ( I mean that in a true friend way, not a creepy weirdo way.)
Classic - love the ending! You'll always have the memories :)
goodbyes are so hard!!! But I am so jealous of that new pool!!!!!
Post a Comment