Blow by blow. She was all smiles. If there was a bit of fear or nervousness, she didn’t show it. When i asked her if she was concerned about the bus...new school...anything...? she said without even looking up... “i’m cool mom.” What can i say...that’s my girl; unconcerned and independent even in the midst of change (why can’t i be more like that!). The verdict... she said she had a great day and made a "sweet" friend in her class named Lacie...she was excited that not only are they in the same class but also ride the same bus and sit together (triple score)! Ahhh...one less worry (and that's sayin' something these days). Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Maddie's poses crack me up!! She is not shy in front of the camera :) So glad the first day went well, and less for you to worry about!
When you said 'I wish I was more like that' - I was totally thinking, 'GIRL! That is TOTALLY you.' I've always thought you were one of the most independent people I know. Always doing her own thing- making it look easy. (wink) I love the I'M COOL MOM. Maddie's got it together. So glad she had such a good first day of school.
Post a Comment