They call me the Va-cay-co-nay... a.k.a vacation coordinator. Each year I plan our family beach trip down to every last detail. If I can pat myself on the back for a moment...this year was practically perfection. Solitude, relaxation, sun and lots of fun. That about sums it up. I'd like to take time to explain, but as beach posts usually go, there are far to many pictures and you likely don't care anyway. This trip was especially memorable because Andrea and I met each others' baby girl's for the first time. I love that our beach houses are getting fuller and more chaotic each year; family really is everything isn't it? Speaking of house...it was p r e t t y d a r n a w e s o m e; you could practically throw a rock from the deck and hit the water. Oh and Maddie lost her first tooth on the way there! Apparently beach tooth fairies give more money; makes sense to Pappy Dave. We missed Michelle and Justin this year, funny what a difference in made. No one to play frisbee with, get annoyed with after the 50th re-run of Walker Texas Ranger, or make my kids out-of-control just before bed time. I missed them a LOT. Tanner celebrated his birthday there. He had his appendix removed two days before our trip. Happy birthday to him huh? Best part for me, as always, was just being together. I always leave ready to be away from them--but remembering exactly why I love them all so much.
Other than that, the pics tell the tale. Until next year obx.












































5 comments:
i'm basically speechless. this trip looked too perfect for words. and holy cow, all the babes are adorable. not to mention how completely gorgeous maddie is!
Ditto the comment above! Where do you guys stay? My husband badly wants oceanfront, but affordable next year.
Oh, girl. You know I love a good beach blog post. And yours is number #1 on my list! I look forward to this post every year. I love to see how everyone's growing and all the new additions ... Marley & Presley. I've always LOVED the Crouse family!
It looked like pure bliss . . it has been forever since we have been to the beach. I think I need to plan a trip soon!
I enjoyed the trip in the pictures. I bet it was just amazing!!!
Please share where this house is. I'd love to do this w/ our families. :)
Love your blog!
Post a Comment