Maddie has been wanting to stay in a hotel since the first and only time we took her to one. Apparently swimming indoors and staying up late watching TV in bed is the coolest thing on earth. I love hotels myself. Which is why Brent and I usually stay in them alone;) So.. for her birthday I thought we'd do a bit of an extravaganza and stay in a hotel for the night, and do a small amusement park the next day. We invited our family, thinking none of them would travel the two hours and come...but turns out..they ALL did! We didn't tell Maddie anything about the trip, so when we pulled up at the hotel she was pretty darn excited. Notice her totally glaming-it-up with her sunglasses still on, four floors up.
Her aunts got there early and decorated the room and then everyone hid inside and yelled "surprise" when she walked in. I think she may have been a little scared actually. Her face didn't show the expression I was expecting. She couldn't figure it all out....I mean she's six for crying out loud.
Swimming in the pool, didn't disappoint. except that some goober was actually trying to swim laps with ten kids in the pool and got frustrated when they got near him. seriously? was it his birthday?
we went to dinner at this amazing Mexican restaurant. Tons of food, and totally delish! Before we left the staff (like all 20 of them) came out hoopin' and hollerin', slapped a sombrero on her head, gave her a treat (that i ate most of) and sang to her in Spanish. Again... I think she may have been a bit scared ( i was).
That evening when we got back to the hotel she opened the snow cone maker that Brent and I got her and we had a snow cone party.
Maddie's favorite gift this year was her "lava lamp" from Grandma Debbie. she watches it every night until she falls asleep.
my girls
everyone's excited to go to the park (except maybe marley, who was probably guessing she'd be in the stroller for the next 10 hours).
We had her birthday party outside the park under a pavilion. She wanted a "Hawaiian girl" party, which changed from princesses, two days before her birthday (after watching some luau dancers at our local library). Thanks to the dollar tree (and an awesome mom)..we pulled something together.
The park is so cute and perfect for their ages...they had a blast. We stayed all day and left around 9:00pm. Totally a fun time for everyone.
Maddie's face cracks me up in this picture. It was a free fall ride for kids. She was scared to death! Brody on the other hand rode about 20 times. 
I gave in to peer pressure later in the day and actually rode this ride. Next to having children, it's pretty far up there on my list of accomplishments. felt like i had conquered the world...no kidding.
Maddie would later say, when asked about her birthday weekend, that riding cars with "Pappy Dave" was her absolute favorite part. Makes my heart smile.
what a bunch huh...I'm pretty sure that phone call was probably life or death, right Brent?
Maddie.... our little firecracker. You're absolutely the whole world to us. You're unique abilities and fun personality are so endearing. This year, I've enjoyed most our fun talks at night up on your bunk bed. I'll never forget the night that you taught me all about Van Gogh and Pablo... Picasso that is. And how you thought that cutting off your ear to show your love for someone would be "pretty crazy but kinda nice too." You are so smart and creative. I'm pretty sure that you're going to accomplish everything you set out to do in this life, and I'm so thankful to be along for the ride. You grow more beautiful and sassy sweet every single year. We love you.
Mom and Dad












4 comments:
Very Cute!!!! Love Delgrossos too!! :)
shauna, you seriously AMAZE me! please feel free to throw me a birthday party anytime!!!!!
what a great, unforgettable party. So fun. You are such a good mom!!!
get outta here. like... i would never. i'm the worst. i'm probably one of those people that shouldn't have had children. that maddie is a total babe. good luck. :)
Post a Comment