Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Daddy Day

I took the kids to Walmart to look for Father's day cards. We looked for a long time, I mean as long as you can look when restricted to "the dollar" section (no indication of what you're actually worth to us of course;). Maddie picked up each card and put it back. Clearly, not pleased with anything she saw, she finally looked at me and said, "Dad thinks I'm the greatest artist in the world, I can make something much gooder than this." And in that moment I thought, "well there you go...mission accomplished." I guess some of this parenting stuff... building confidence, teaching independence...whatever crap...is actually sticking.
Good job babe.
Before we had kids I thought you were the greatest...now that we do...I know you're the greatest. Plus...I'm feeling very legit in the parenting department with the addition of #3, aren't you? We love you brent, you're the butter on our bread.

1 comment:

Joe and Melody said...

Happy Father's Day, Brent. Those kids are sure lucky to have such a great dad. But by the looks of that amazing breakfast, you're pretty lucky too. And props to Maddie ... way to think on your toes.