Thursday, January 13, 2011

One more Christmas-y thing.


WARNING: PLEASE EXCUSE SOME OF THE UGLIEST FACES YOU'VE EVER SEEN.

If you know Brent, you know I have a good husband...not even just good...jackpot really. He's one of those rare guys that is always thinking of something special; something thoughtful that will make me happy. (Which if you know me at all, makes me look even more pathetic in that area that I already am.) Ever since we met he's been surprising me with touching gifts... not the kind that make you say "Cool, I always wanted that,"... the kind that make you cry and melt, and say, "how did i ever get so lucky". Those kind. For example...for our anniversary this year he typed up a list of his top 50 memories of our life together. I mean seriously?!?
So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised this Christmas when he gave me one of the most priceless gifts that I've ever received.

What is it?
Are you kidding me...My BLOG..made into books!!! by YEAR!!!
I was stunned...it's something I always wanted to do, but could never wrap my mind around starting.
I went into the "ugly cry" right away...I couldn't hold back.
Then it got even worse and I had to cover my chubby face from looking like it would explode
Then I composed myself...a little.
and looked through every page
and then kissed the best husband ever:)

Seriously though, it's such a priceless gift. To me...the one drawback of blogging is that... here's this amazing journal of the highlights (including pictures!) of my family's life just floating around out there is cyberspace somewhere. I would always wonder whether it would even be around or exist someday for my kids to read; if I was wasting my time. This has made it all worthwhile, and has given me motivation to be a better recorder and writer for my family. Thanks Brent, you da' man.

11 comments:

Joe and Melody said...

That is so precious. I'm totally sitting at my desk at work .. tearing up. So sweet. I will definitely be showing this post to Joe. ;)

Kathy's Boys said...

WOW, That is such a thoughtful, wonderful amazing priceless man, I mean gift!!! I've been wanting to do that to mine forever. Maybe I can call Brent for some pointers! How are you feeling? Not too much longer and your baby will be here! So excited for you and Andrea too.

Airyele Rounds said...

Aww. This is so sweet!
Maybe this will be an every year gift now for every Christmas. :) That would be so nice.

Brett and Amanda said...

Amazing! such a sweet and thoughtful gift! and that really does make the blogging all the more worthwhile!

danielle said...

2 words..freakin adorable.. Brent is a such a doll( i mean macho man) lol..Where did he get it done through or did he do it himself.. love ya...
also would like to point out..you are beautiful.

Justin and Michelle said...

Brent did soooo good!! They turned out so nice! :)

WRYE FAMILY said...

too sweet, it made me cry

Coty said...

That's so sweet... Tell Brent to call Jared and give him some pointers lol! No really.
Who doesn't love a good ugly cry every now and then? You dont even look bad while doing it!!! What's up with that?
I'm excited for you and all your "baby business" stuff too... I call first dibbs! :)

noelle said...

i have been trying to turn my blog into books for over a year now. but i keep getting distracted and/or overwhelmed. brent, teach me your ways.

Melanie said...

What a great hubby!!! And I miss your cute cry face luv u

The Cramer Crew said...

Thanks for making me cry while I sit here all by myself reading your blog - sheesh! I love you guys!!! That was seriously so sweet! What a precious Christmas gift! You sure do have a winner! Lucky girl!