Tuesday, January 11, 2011

33 Weeks

I hate gaining weight. Hate it. Though I've tried to embrace the beauty and joy of pregnancy, I am just not one of those happy women who revels in the roundness of my body while pregnant. All I see when I look in the mirror is a chubby face and thighs that will take me many-a-mile on the treadmill to get rid of. Really though, is there anything to appreciate about growing larger (to the tune of about a pound a week). No there isn't. And though the miracle of a child growing in you, is in fact beautiful at around 5 months, when you can't actually see it...at nearly 8 1/2 months, the miracle and beauty are gone, and have given way to cellulite dimples, dry skin and chafing in odd places. Speaking of which, why is it that when I'm pregnant I seem to develop this abnormal disregard for my appearance; wearing clothes that are (down right) hideous, never putting on lotion, shaving every three months? Who knows. Anyway, for my posterity...here is month 8. I am hoping that my doctor (if he would in fact like to live) will stick to his word and induce me at 39 weeks. If so, then I have approx 38 days, 27 minutes, and 42 seconds remaining...or something like that;)

10 comments:

Joel and Chelsey said...

Please don't make me pull out the pictures of ME at 8 months--get a grip girl! You still look amazing, and you'll be back in your skinny jeans and flannel before you know it. :) BTW--where did santa find that American girl doll?

Justin and Michelle said...

Oh hush...you make such a pretty preggo woman!

Airyele Rounds said...

Ok, take a look at my blog. I am 6 months pregnant. And I am the same size if not bigger than you. You are cute!
Is your mind going too. I start sentences and don't know how I was going to end them. I feel so old!!
We are having another girl too. :)

Ah Loe said...

I think you look beautiful!

Kaylie said...

Shauna- you look great!!! I totally understand how you are feeling. Last year at this time I was thinking the same things! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes quickly and that you have a safe delivery of a healthy baby girl!

Joe and Melody said...

Girl, who you fooling? You be lookin' good. Hey now. Here's to a new year and to a new baby! P.S. Thanks for the sweet message on my blog. You always make me smile.

Jennie said...

You do look great. And after baby #3 Im not so concerned for once about the extra flesh I'm still hanging onto. I feel like I've earned it after going through 3 pregnancies. So I just smile and eat that bowl of ice cream!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

You are so gorgeous, but I have to ask you where you got those earrings? I see you where them alot and I want them!! Just wondering, thanks.

noelle said...

whatevs. total gorgessity, woman. total gorgessity.

Melanie said...

Your a hottie!!! I miss you luv u