I'm so far behind on my blogging that I barely no where to start. Here are a few highlights from Christmas this year; a mix of pics between parties and home. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures this year, with all the extra weight I'm already luggin' around these days, I just didn't feel like carrying the camera around...
It was a good Holiday season overall... long and exhausting for me, but good. Some things I learned and hope to remember:
1. Simplifying=happiness. I decided early in the season that (due to pregnancy) a few things would have to give. So..I decided not to bake...anything (i know right!) or to decorate the outside of the house. Two things that I don't (particularly) enjoy doing, and that end up inevitably stressing me out every year. Did I miss them?...no. Did i feel guilt?...no. I found that was able to spend more time, energy and money on the things we wanted to do. A good decision.
2. Traditions=happiness. It was a totally year of traditions for us. Some old and a LOT of new. getting the tree, town parades, s'mores by the fire, parties with family, homemade gifts, going to the temple and simple sacred moments in my home that I wish to carry on and feel the spirit of every year. Feeling like we were starting good, and simple things that we'll carry on with our family brought me a lot of joy and this year.
3. Family=happiness. This I knew of course, but actually FELT over and over this Holiday season. I'm a family girl; I relish in the simple and small moments spent with them. It's what recharges, and makes me happy. Seeing everyone happy and together made my heart full.
4. The Savior=happiness. Brent and I tried hard this year to teach our children about the Savior...more than through stories; we wanted to help them feel His spirit in the things that we did and the time that we spent together. We really wanted their hearts to feel the warmth and comfort that comes from the true "meaning of the season." It was worth every effort.
gingerbread houses at Grandma Annette's on Christmas eve with cousins.
homemade gifts for Maddie's teachers; heat packs and pretzels.
Polar Express day at maddie's school.
Justin and Michelle surprised us and came home for Christmas this year... we had a great time spending time with them, and even got to go to the temple one evening together to see the lights.
Christmas eve with the Fishel Clan.
Brent's siblings and parents
sprinkling reindeer food in the front yard
putting out the cookies and milk
Christmas morning
Santa brought that American girl doll...
and that remote control car
since all of us weren't home this year, my family came to my house this year for Christmas, it was nice being home, and SO nice having them there to share that day with us.





2 comments:
ah man. so sad i wasn't there. looks like you guys had a fun day. i can only imagine how everyone was crammed in your house like a bunch of sweat hogs all day. :)
i miss maddie- seeing her in this picture with her doll- she looks so big. :) she makes me excited for a girl.
Shauna,
I'm glad we got to be there for Christmas this year. (Although we missed Tandreax.) Thanks for a great evening at the temple...I love temple lights! :) Hey, you forgot to mention your fabulous gift from Brent! :)
Post a Comment