Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday bliss

Maddie's been planning this years birthday party since last year. She wanted a butterfly theme, which would include (she told me) a crown with a butterfly on it, wings, pancakes with candles, butterfly cupcakes, lots of hanging butterflies, treats, and her family. Thanks for throwing us in right. Anyway, we were invited to my cousins Jen's home in NY (my whole side of the family) for the 4th so we had her party there. But... we couldn't forget Brent's side of the clan so we had a birthday barbecue here before we left as well. Thanks to cousin Jen for having us!!! Their house is amazing, their pool was refreshingly wonderful, and their company made it one of the best times of the summer.
Happy B-day Maddie-moo.
Nothing like some banana pudding cake huh?
Among other things, maddie got some binoculars for her birthday...to watch birds! Ummm, can I just ask how in the world a daughter of mine likes birds enough..to watch them. Do I even need to get into my utter disdain of birds. I didn't think so.
Chillin' poolside at Jen's. Just calculating how long it will take me to be able to afford a pool at the huge house I don't yet have. In case you were wondering;)
I made the grossest butterfly sugar cookies in the world. My dad even said they tasted like "crap." nice huh? The kids didn't care though, they decorated them beautifully, and then we did the only thing we could...pitched em'.
This was the birthday spa (thank Grandma Debbie). Even B got all gussied up. Whatdayado, he thinks he's a girl.
Obviously, I'm not being serious in the picture, please don't think i go around making faces and body movements like this on a normal basis.
Wait a second ...yeah i do! lol
Don't you just love the 4th of July? We drove to church on Sunday morning in New York, and on this one section of road there were flags hanging high on each of the telephone poles. When I rounded one of the turns the sun hit the flag just right and I couldn't help but cry. I cried again as we sang the star spangled banner at church, and again when I watched my kids running freely with all their cousins before fireworks. We're so blessed aren't we.

4 comments:

Airyele Rounds said...

I enjoy your blog so much. B-day party looked like it was a blast. :)

Joel and Chelsey said...

OK, so you totally get mother of year for that birthday extravaganza! What a fun day! Happy Birthday Maddie!

Tanner and Andrea said...

ah, i cant believe i missed her bday party again. this is getting a bit old. what a great party- looks like you guys had a lot of fun :(... i'm glad maddie loved maddexs video...
ps, you look smokin' in that LC shirt... i need to go get that.
love ya

noelle said...

i don't like your birthday posts. they make me feel like a super bad mom. which i am. not at all magical and fun, like you. okay, it's a lie. i mean, not the part about me being a super bad mom. that's true. but the part about how i really do love your birthday posts and always read them feeling more inspired to try harder next year. which i don't, but a girl can dream.

also, about your pose-harding pic. i have plenty of, er... evidence. that this has always been you. or us. our pictures from college are heinous, but i love how our favorite people in life can retain the very essence of themselves. the parts that make them... them. i love you.