Hello everyone. We received some sad news today and Brent and I decided that we wanted to share with our closest family and friends ourselves. I realize that soon people will start to find out, and we felt that this was the best way to get the word out, so that we didn't have to keep re-telling people. I had my routine 10 week OB appointment this morning and found out that I recently miscarried.
I won't try tell you that I'm not sad because I am. In fact it's a surprisingly devastating thing to deal with and I've felt tremendous heartbreak today. Having said that however, I've been praying for peace throughout the day, and have felt strongly that ALL is as it's supposed to be. This year has been one of a lot of growth for me spiritually. It's been my personal goal this past year to grow closer to the Lord and to be worthy to receive His guidance and direction in my life. I've also tried to seek His will over mine and have immersed myself more than ever in trying to live Gospel and keep the commandments. In some ways I feel like the Lord was preparing me to handle such a personal trial.
Before getting pregnant, Brent and I both prayed for several months that we would have a baby when the time was right and we are comforted by this fact. It just simply wasn't meant to be at this time. I have to believe that Heavenly Father has other things in store for me right now, and that a baby will come at another time..when the time is right. So... things will be alright and I will be okay. I didn't have any symptoms of miscarriage and was completely caught off guard by the news this morning, so I think my healing will just take a little time in this situation. After you've planned and set your mind on the fact that you're adding another special spirit to your family, it's hard to feel that loss... no matter when or how it happens.
I feel a bit too fragile for phone calls at this time, but I would thank you all kindly for your prayers in my behalf. I will have surgery on Thursday, a D&C.
People have always questioned me telling that I'm pregnant "so soon," and though now I can see the definite downside of it, I still wouldn't have done it any other way. We've always said that we weren't "wait around with good news sort of people," and we're not. I'm glad, especially during this time to have the support of family and friends that mean so much to me. We love you all.
Shauna
2 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss! I am also glad you and Brent are doing better. Heavenly Father is pretty amazing and can bring so much comfort in times of sorrow.
I am calling you right now, I am so sad I didnt know about this. I love you and will pray for you
Post a Comment