Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WHAT THE?

So apparently I went to sleep the other night and woke up in FARGO NORTH DAKOTA!!! What the?!? I mean seriously it hasn't snowed this much since my grandfather "walked to school in 4 foot of snow barefoot" ya know what I'm sayin'.

It's been kinda crazy around these parts. There's a certain feeling in the air that makes you want to have 10 gallons of milk, a truckload of toilet paper, and LOTS of Little Debbie snack cakes on hand. For the love of Pete, all I wanna do is eat (what is up with that). We've been stuck in the house since last Thursday and my mental state is what I'll refer to as "fragile". The only time we did leave...to go sled riding, we got slammed in the rear-end by some 19 year old teeny-bopper who was probably texting (Oprah would so be all over that).

Anyway, all jokes aside it's been pretty cool getting to experience all this snow. Brent's been able to work from home in the basement all week, and the kids are all sorts of giddy. We're suppose to get 10-14 more inches tonight..can you even imagine? I can't!
Here's our last few days inside.

.
made some nice meals..what else was there to do?
this has been Brent's general look all week..what can i say..he's not home much.
ahhhh...smells so good
even B was getting bored
so we got out the playdoh and mom schooled em' on a little ice cream sundae makin'.


do i look pathetic? i was missing the hair appt I'd been waiting three weeks for.
gettin' jiggy with it before the Superbowl
"you can do it put your back into it" what what.

don't kid yourself...he's lovin' every minute of it.
here I am, just out running with the kids...SIKE! did i just say "sike?"... man that came outta no where. why did we ever stop saying that anyway. I loved that word.
This guy was pretty hardcore, he even had little ski's tied to the back wheels.
our front and back walk...gives you an idea of how much is out there.


more to come after what the media refers to as...(dun dun dun)
WINTER WEATHER SLAM PART 2... is over.
later

9 comments:

Joel and Chelsey said...

You know the movie, The Shining, where Jack Nicholson goes crazy after being holed up all winter long with his family. Yeah, I'm totally there. I am now what Joel is referring to as "the sleeping bear." As in, "Careful kids, don't wake the sleeping bear." It's embarrassing, but totally true. And I'm so jealous--you guys have a snow blower!!! We've shovelled all this crap by hand! And by we, I mean mostly Joel while I got mad and threw my shovel. :) Glad to see you are handling this WAY better than me. Think the kids will ever go back to school?

Joel and Chelsey said...

Also, forgot to tell you--I found a recipe for apple dumplings that's gonna make you cry! I'll bring you some if I ever make it out of here.

Ah Loe said...

Enjoyed your post, my kids are loving the snow, but me . . . not so sure. ready for it to be over. All I have been doing is making cookies, so it better end soon!

Hilarie said...

Oh I miss you!!!! We are starting to go a bit nutso out here too...and baking, cooking, and eating are definitely our favorite activities! So happy that you are back blogging again. Stay warm!

Brett and Amanda said...

oh man, i feel you. i have liked having the whole family home for a week. but i am ready to get out of this house!

Missy said...

I know right? I can't seem to make time slow down. I loved your post and seeing the snowy, white goodness. I know you're probably hating it right now but I'd love to be snowed in down here, granted it's gone a little too far. I hope this is the last bit, take care!

noelle said...

slam. this post has shaunalita written all over it!!!!! LOVE it. is it wrong that i love that booty shot of you doing your thing so much? i don't care. it is H.O.T.

but seriously. this is a ridiculo amount of snow. my body is literally numbing up just looking at these pictures. this is why i could never move to like canada or... antarctica.

Joe and Melody said...

Gosh. Insane! I was supposed to fly to Pittsburgh last weekend to visit Heather ... uhhhh, that didn't happen! I forget what it's like to have snow. Don't take it for granted! What I wouldn't do to see some fluffy white stuff in my yard!

Danielle said...

I seriously can't believe that! I would be going insane I am going insane with just winter... so over it! and about the guy running dude it awesome but take a day off lol..