Normally I wouldn't feel the need to make excuses but two months is pretty pathetic..so here's the "short" story. I've been lazy..okay...there it is...plain and simple..."lazy".
It was kind of addicting to be honest. Going to an event, or having a "moment" without carrying a camera and feeling the neurotic need to obsessively snap pictures in order to document them...it was liberating I have to say! However, as liberation tends to go (at least in my case) it was inevitably followed by feelings of sadness and guilt (dang it).
The truth is, I've missed my blog. I miss you guys. I miss silly comments that boost my spirits, and feeling apart of a little community of bloggers that enjoy keeping up with each other's simple happy lives. Most of all though...this blog is a record for me, and I miss being able to look back and see my family and all the important moments of our lives, wrapped up into tiny little packaged pictures and entries. I miss it all. So... I'm back.
The other part of my absence is due to the fact that our MAC crashed for the second time in six months. Let's just say that MAC is lucky that their headquarters didn't get a giant flaming bag of dog poop on their doorstep for Christmas! It's taken forever to load and organize all 40,000 plus pics again. Uggh. Well I won't bore you with any more rambling. Here's the goods of the past two months. Sorry for the overload. What can I say..I mean it's been two months!
Totally fun finding and cutting our own tree this year. Definitely a tradition we'll keep.
Christmas morning at Pappy Dave and grandma Debbie's. Andrea made the kids these matching PJ's. aren't they adorable. i seriously got none of the craft genes..what's up with that.
Big Daddy Dave never disappoints on the "big big breakfast" Christmas morning. I seriously think tanner ate like 12 french toast that morning. That's half a loaf of bread T-mac..."I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'." lol
B got a vacuum...in attempt to curb his need to take mine apart all day long. best 20 bucks ever spent.
Brent has wanted a glock since we met. what can i say, it was his year. he even got laser grips for it. sometimes he gets it out when 24's on and pretends he's Jack Bauer...i think it's hot.
My parents got Andrea and I an all expense paid trip (just reminding ya mom) to Ohio in May for the Country living fair. aka Mecca of the antique/flee market world. way excited for that trip.
Only our bunch gets out the china, goblets and name cards for a dinner in our PJ's. Except Maddie of course, who's sporting her undies.
love this picture of Andrea...sporting the fire engine red, circa 1970's, tapered leg snow suit. Somehow though..you still rockin' it girl.
We were so glad that michelle and Justin were able to come home at the last minute...it just wouldn't have been Christmas without them.
We had so much fun when the cousins came. I think in this picture we were all putting something in our mouth. A theme that continued for two whole days.
The "guys" making bologna. What I wanna know, is how soon did after this did brent kiss me?ewww..sick.
It's been a good, good winter. Here's to comin' outta hibrination.




10 comments:
Yay! So happy you updated! Can I just say a couple things:
1. Andrea sports the red get up better than anyone ever could.
-and-
3. Ew. Ew. Ew. EWWWW!!! Brent, sick. Good thing I just ate my dinner...NOT! I'm going to go throw up now thanks to your raw deer licking pic. ew...
Love you guys and miss you sooo much! Keep updating! xoxo
OoOops! I forgot the 2. --I just wanted to tell you that I loved being in your home during Christmas time. It was beautiful!
Now that I just looked at the pics again, I have a 4. My sister-in-laws are gorgeous! I love the pic of you and Andrea on there!
this makes me so happy. why did you stop?!? don't you know that i really only like to read about three blogs. and you're one of them. everyone else's bores me to death. so i repeat: DON'T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! i've missed you, chiquita.
p.s. you decorate so pretty. i want to be at your house during the holidays.
Hahahaha! We're getting another 2 feet of snow, girlfriend! So much for hibernation! :) By the way, we have those same Christmas stockings. Gotta love Pottery Barn! You totally rock as a decorator!
And eeeeewwwwww re that raw meat photo. Ugh.
Glad you're back in bloggerland. I missed stalking...I mean, reading. :)
Thanks for finally posting, I was getting tired of looking at Retro Brent! Ha ha, jk. I love reading your posts anyways, you are so creative and cute with your words. My posts are pretty boring and it makes me not want to anymore, but it is a fun way to journal and rmember some of the good times. It looks like you all had a great Holiday and I can't wait for you all to come to Vegas again. Love you.
its a snow day miracle! i still check your blog pretty much every day. i knew it would pay off eventually!
Welcome back! I think I had just discovered your blog and then shortly thereafter you went on your hiatus! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. See you at Stake Conference! haha
Welcome back, girl. Great to have you! Love the Christmas post. It's nostalgic for me ... I can almost picture myself back in your parents' house. I had some good times there! Happy belated Holidays.
Awesome post Shauna!!! I laughed so hard at some of the pics - Seriously, how much money did Brent get offered to lick that gross raw piece of meat?! lol Boys are so gross! I'm so sad I didn't have shoes to be out in the snow with everyone - I was taking pictures from the sliding glass door :( Glad to see the latest at the crazy Fishel house! lol ;) xoxo
Post a Comment