Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy heart day!

My parent's watched the kids on Friday night so Brent and I could steal away for a Valentines day date (which coincidentally, just so happened to) fall on the same weekend as my fav "vintage hip" shop's annual sale (score dude)! We were able to go the temple on Friday night and then spend the day Saturday shopping around. I'll be posting my finds soon:)
Valentines day seemed so special this year. Being in the temple with Brent and feeling the Savior's love there was the best Valentines day gift we could have dreamed of. Festivities with the kids were a blast too..after all, they're the ones that have my heart.
Could I be the poster child for "Glee" or what! Furthermore, would someone tell me what's up with me and the "thumbs-up" all over the place. i mean seriously, it has to be like a syndrome or disorder or something. i get excited...the thumbs get erect. what the?

You may think I'm exhausted from shopping, but no... it's actual brain exhaustion from trying to figure out how I can afford this amazingly, perfect, scalloped-back linen sofa. Brent on the hand...exhausted from shopping:(

My sister-in-law Amy makes Martha Stewart look like...well...me:( she had an awesome party at her home for the kids, and they had a blast (thanks amy).

5 comments:

Joel and Chelsey said...

What a fun day! I always take pics in hopes of posting about specific holidays, but so far Christmas and Halloween are the only ones that I hit. So...did you get the couch? I'm impressed Brent will go with you--I'm pretty sure Joel would call that "man-hell." :)

noelle said...

ohhhhh. laughing so hard right now. dude, i love it when you blog. have i told you that already? like, you're my favorite. absolutely. also, you are the cutest. brent is so lucky he married such a hot girl. seriously, brent! way to recognize.

Kathi said...

You get excited, the thumbs get erect? ROFL. Nothing else to say. :)

Brett and Amanda said...

you always go to the cutest stores!

The Denning 6 said...

Hi Shaun!
WOw, it looks like Valentines day was a fun and special day:) Nothin but LOVE:):) That's how it should be! Miss you all so much, hope to see you soon.
Jen