Thursday, September 24, 2009

First hair cut

Over the years I've threatened Maddie with fates worse than death, if she were to ever get even the URGE to cut her own hair. M's hair represents the hair I never had, and never will... soft, smooth, long, flowing and perfect in every way. Pathetic as it is, my hair lives vicariously through hers. Having said that however, it was time...time for her very first hair cut. M is a hippie at heart so it took some major convincing to talk her into getting even a couple inches cut. Plus, you can imagine after all the threats, the anxiety that scissors getting anywhere close to these locks produced. She was scared... but just like her mama, it's nothing a good juice box and hand massage won't cure. Since it was her first cut I took her to my salon. It was quite an event.










6 comments:

Joel and Chelsey said...

If I call you Mommy will you take me to your salon? :) Seriously, the hand massage looks heavenly. Hopefully she won't try to recreate the moment at home sometime when you're not looking. :) Sorry, just had to give you one more thing to stress about.

Coty said...

I remember the boys first haircut...i cried.
It looks beautiful! She is so cute!

Tanner and Andrea said...

yah, i think that 1 inch really made a huge difference. jp.. i really does.. she is so adorable. she needs to be grateful she doesnt have my super thick horse tail... it's not even a pony tail- it's a horse tail. ah, i miss you guys. yes- i miss maddie and her demanding self. .. love you guys.
p.s. i should make a hair appointment for there while im home... ? you think

noelle said...

she is so beautiful. my hair would also like to live vicariously through hers. where do i sign up?

Brett and Amanda said...

Maddie is so beautiful! and getting so grown-up!

Ah Loe said...

It is amazing what an inch or two does. Sinalei's has been cut numerous times, but it is due for another one. I am the same way . . . I leave Sinalei's hair long because of me, not really for her!